Internet Connection

Rafa

Just wanted check in on an issue , has anyone been recently experiencing internet connectivity issues ? I been on the phone with my ISP. They suggested I connect my CPU directly to my modem, and i get internet just fine. So the problem seems to be with the router. I just wanted to see if anything is going on with the netduma network that may be causing this issue. 

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The router is a standalone device so there is nothing connected to us that could go down and affect the operation of your router. Give the router a quick reboot, wait 2 minutes and see if stability is restored.

Hello Fraser, I’ve tried that numerous time. With no success. My cpu connected to ethernet and phone via wifi both say “cannot connect to server.” 

• Administrators

What is the model of the ISP modem? In Settings, in LAN, click apply on the DHCP page, then in WAN, click apply on the DHCP page, give it a reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes, does it allow for a connection then?

36 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the model of the ISP modem? In Settings, in LAN, click apply on the DHCP page, then in WAN, click apply on the DHCP page, give it a reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes, does it allow for a connection then?

The modem model is pictured in the attachment to this reply. As for what you said Fraser, I had already factory reset the router and that seemed to have fixed. This is the second time i’ve done in as many weeks. Just want to prevent it from happening in the future. I’ve been with netgear/netduma since my Xr300. Really would hate to have to change to anything else. 

B8A3E432-D523-4C6B-9C74-49CB614B5413.jpeg

• Administrators

Thanks for the information, I have seen some other people have issues with the R2 and this modem more than others so may be a compatibility issue. We have a new firmware coming quite soon that should be a lot more stable in this regard.

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the information, I have seen some other people have issues with the R2 and this modem more than others so may be a compatibility issue. We have a new firmware coming quite soon that should be a lot more stable in this regard.

Thanks for the info on the reply back Fraser. Question on the firmware topic. How would you recommend I update the firmware on the R2 (when the time comes) as I’ve never had to do it on this one before. And should we just keep monitoring the forum on the firmware update release announcement? 

On 10/17/2021 at 3:07 PM, Rafa said:

Thanks for the info on the reply back Fraser. Question on the firmware topic. How would you recommend I update the firmware on the R2 (when the time comes) as I’ve never had to do it on this one before. And should we just keep monitoring the forum on the firmware update release announcement? 

On 10/17/2021 at 4:05 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

We'll post a forum topic for the update and it will have instructions there on how to perform the update, we may also announce on social media but yes keep an eye out on the forum mostly.

I have Spectrum as my ISP as well and the modem in the picture looks almost identical to the one i have that you've provided and i haven't been getting any issues at all. Most likely a faulty modem which is entirely possible. I had an issue with this exact modem and just got a new one from spectrum and all problems disappeared after that. If you call spectrum and request a new modem i highly doubt they will hesitate because happy customers are good customers :):):) 

23 hours ago, zman1156 said:

I have Spectrum as my ISP as well and the modem in the picture looks almost identical to the one i have that you've provided and i haven't been getting any issues at all. Most likely a faulty modem which is entirely possible. I had an issue with this exact modem and just got a new one from spectrum and all problems disappeared after that. If you call spectrum and request a new modem i highly doubt they will hesitate because happy customers are good customers :):):) 

Thank you very much for this feedback. If I encounter this issue one more time, I will most certainly make that call without hesitation. You’ve given me much more insight. Glad I wasn’t the only one with similar issues. Again thank you!