R2 Router Bugs

blue2kid3

First this router is using the latest firmware (that is about a year old now) 

Second The router does not experience power downs due to power loss ( its connected to a back up power supply)

Third this firmware is so old I cant even keep track of all the bugs or what is already known but here we go.

#1 Randomly the Dashboard will reset to default and I have to re-customize it to the way I like it. 

#2 randomly settings we return to default i.e wifi will return to combined settings vs my custom names and passwords for 2.4 and 5ghz

#3 almost weekly I will be given guides (tool tips) on all the pages even when I have dismissed them multiple times

#4 If I have geo filter on for but no devices or apps connected to it I will be unable to connect to some servers that are outside the "filter zone" IE couldnt get windows updates until I realized it worked just fine on my phone hot spot and changed the radius of the zone to the entire planet and boom windows updates and windows 11

#5 My connection benchmarks get deleted at random intervals ( looks like I have never ran one sometimes they get deleted after as little as 6 hours)

#6 QOS tab just deletes everything. My custom bandwidth settings, my priority everything on the page just gone.;  

#7 IPV6 via starlink just does not work with this router I can use my ASUS one from literally 5 years ago and boom IPV6 is plug and play

#8 5GHz will just give up randomly, doesn't matter if I am 5 feet away from it using oculus air link just lost connection, sometimes it works on my phone but I cant even see 5GHz as an option on the bedroom xbox series s

Testing I have tried to reinstall the Firmware, nothing, I try to ensure I save and log out of the OS nothing. I have even just tried to leave it alone and never log in for a month and nothing. 

I am sure there are more but its been so long since any communication I stopped tracking them and putting as much effort into this bug report as the team has done with the R2 firmware and communication. 

• Administrators

A lot of your issues seem related, do you ever unplug the router manually - even to reboot? What device/web browser are you using to make changes? 

The Geo-Filter isn't on unless devices are added, it can't be that causing the problem, unless it's part of the saving issue where a device isn't appearing. 

What do you mean IPv6 doesn't work exactly? Have you used a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel for 5GHz, experimented with the width? Do you have any wireless or electrical devices within close proximity to the router?

You may not see what happens behind the scenes but that doesn't mean we're not working super hard on fixing bugs and bringing new features, one bug alone literally took about 6 months of digging and working very closely with a user to find, we could have given up on it but it an issue our users are vocal about and therefore something we wanted to address. I realize you are frustrated with your issues, the sooner you make a post the sooner we can help and hopefully reduce them as much as possible.

I have personally experienced #4 (in some way) and #8.
When I add my pc and set filtering for Overwatch and Call of Duty, set Ping-Assist to zero then I cannot connect to the services with servers outside the circle (Discord, VPN for example).

I can add up to that:

#9 my timezone is bugged, I have to use another one

#10 Adblocker randomly erasing all of its settings

#11 You cannot use DFS channels after the first reboot

Latest one (even a beta), DFS channels are available after the factory reset and cannot be chosen after the reboot, you can factory reset, reboot afterwards without setting anything up and they're gone.

I have my thread already :)

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Deng said:

I have personally experienced #4 (in some way) and #8.
When I add my pc and set filtering for Overwatch and Call of Duty, set Ping-Assist to zero then I cannot connect to the services with servers outside the circle (Discord, VPN for example).

I can add up to that:

#9 my timezone is bugged, I have to use another one

#10 Adblocker randomly erasing all of its settings

#11 You cannot use DFS channels after the first reboot

That makes sense as they'll be using ports covered by the Geo-Filter service, adding them to the allow list when they appear on the map will resolve this.

What do you mean the timezone is bugged exactly - what happens?

By Adblocker settings do you mean custom added lists etc? 

We are aware of that DFS issue, we'll be addressing that in future firmware.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That makes sense as they'll be using ports covered by the Geo-Filter service, adding them to the allow list when they appear on the map will resolve this.

What do you mean the timezone is bugged exactly - what happens?

By Adblocker settings do you mean custom added lists etc? 

We are aware of that DFS issue, we'll be addressing that in future firmware.

Daylight saving is not added to the Warsaw timezone (not a big deal, switched to Paris, but still).

As for adblocker - sometimes it loses all of its configuration - comes back to disabled state, no custom lists and no exclusions for devices, I wouldn't worry about it because it may go away after you eliminate the hanging up problem.

Great to hear about DFS :)

Regards

• Administrators

I'll pass the timezone issue on, see if they can reproduce that. Does anything else appear to lose its settings when this happens? Does it appear to occur after any point e.g. when you have it paused on X amount of devices or added X amount of exceptions etc?

On 10/17/2021 at 7:01 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I'll pass the timezone issue on, see if they can reproduce that. Does anything else appear to lose its settings when this happens? Does it appear to occur after any point e.g. when you have it paused on X amount of devices or added X amount of exceptions etc?

Nothing else, I cannot pin down the moment because it happened only twice and probably when I got there it wasn't working for a long time.