Problems with Xbox Series S and XR450

I'm having major connection issues with my XR450 (FW 2.3.2.114) when using my Xbox Series S. It will fail to download games, load the store, pause/cancel installations. I cannot for the life of me figure out the issue or perhaps setting in the router causing it. I have connected the xbox directly to the ethernet from my fiber provider and it functioned completely normal, so I am 100% certain it's the router. What can I do? I've so far tried disabling QOS and DMZing the xbox. I've tried setting static IP/DNS in the xbox. It will work for a little while and then just become messed up and slow again. I couldn't even download a 1gb game until I directly connected it, and this console requires it to CONSTANTLY check for authorization of my gamepass. It's really frustrating how much issue a gaming router has with GAMING. 

I've had a lot of problems with this router since day 1. Constant wifi problems, weird connection issues with wired devices. My Samsung phone some days can't load a damn thing till I drop it off the wifi and connect back. I'm about ready to get rid of it for a regular Duma R2. Netgear doesn't seem to give a damn about anything besides the XR1000 now. I'm about to try the .120 firmware as I found it while making this post. But everything has been just awful lately. I've made threads in the past and I've gotten some help from mods here and I appreciate a lot of it. I just don't know what the issue is. If it's hardware or software related. 

10 hours ago, Newfie said:

Give .120 a go but perform a factory reset after updating using the rear pin hole. Set up as new and see how it goes. 

I gave it a shot and my XBOX is doing great but now Discord has lag issues and so does Twitch. Voices constantly cutting out on discord and stream buffers. 

• Administrators

Now you'll need to setup QoS to prevent lag and you should be good. For Geo-Filter:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Now you'll need to setup QoS to prevent lag and you should be good. For Geo-Filter:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

rebooting my PC seemed to be the answer but I did set up QOS to give priority to VOIP, live stream, and Gaming. 

5 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK thanks for letting us know, are you still experiencing lag with Discord and Twitch?

Uh, no actually. Wifi performance even with a range booster has been a bit wonky, but I think it's just thick walls now. Before I could be standing next to it and have issues. So, yea, this FW is great so far. Hopefully people with problems just have a botched setting somewhere or just a bad flash.