The "Deny" in Geo Filter

Do I have to restart a game everytime I block a peer host to get it affect? When I block a dedicated server it directly blocks and disconnects me from the server, but not when I block a peer. 

4 hours ago, Comp0za_ said:

Do I have to restart a game everytime I block a peer host to get it affect? When I block a dedicated server it directly blocks and disconnects me from the server, but not when I block a peer. 

It would probably be best to yeah, just to make sure you don't get connected to it again in the next game.

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, Comp0za_ said:

Yeah, but it's not practical to do that every time I play, I have to restart the game 30 times when I search for a match. The peers are usually bad.

The games are server based so unless it's misclassified you shouldn't need to do it too often. You could go back to the lobby and wait 2 minutes for the connection to be severed but usually quicker to restart.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Comp0za_ said:

wouldn't it be better if all the peers classifies as dedicated servers so it blocks and disconnects directly? It's only the peer symbols that deny takes longer to be activated.

I see what you mean but that could then be used to boot people from games potentially which is why that 2 minute/until connection is severed delay exists for peers.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I see what you mean but that could then be used to boot people from games potentially which is why that 2 minute/until connection is severed delay exists for peers.

Sorry Fraser, but I don't understand what you mean. I'm talking about a peer that becomes the host? How could it boot the people when I'm not the host.

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Comp0za_ said:

Sorry Fraser, but I don't understand what you mean. I'm talking about a peer that becomes the host? How could it boot the people when I'm not the host.

Ah I see what you mean, when it is classified as a peer we can't tell specifically if that may be a player or a server without us specifically testing and then correctly classifying it. If we allowed all peers to be blocked immediately when denied it could be used to boot people from games so its safer not to do that. So if it's a misclassified server the best thing to do is report it to us and wait 2 minutes/restart the game before searching again so its denied.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Comp0za_ said:

Oh it does work when I have the CrossPlay enabled, but when I disable it, it will not work instead. Why is that?

So you're able to block the servers in DumaOS when you have crossplay disabled? That's bizarre, are they definitely the same servers? Can you compare the IDs?

1 minute ago, Netduma Liam said:

So you're able to block the servers in DumaOS when you have crossplay disabled? That's bizarre, are they definitely the same servers? Can you compare the IDs?

it was the exactly same ID: 1b5c8e59f9bac7cc

3 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

It was not a dedicated server, it was a peer. I was playing Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War zombies, round based.

37 minutes ago, Comp0za_ said:

It was not a dedicated server, it was a peer. I was playing Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War zombies, round based.

That's very odd, so when crossplay is enabled, you're then seeing a blocked icon on the map for these peers? 

Could you remind me what platform you're playing on please?

7 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

When you add the console to Geo-filter, could you please make sure you're selecting the 'Choose manually' option when prompted?

I didn't first but now I did, still connecting to the denied peers, when the crossplay is disabled. 😫