The "Deny" in Geo Filter

• Administrators

Interesting, multiplay usually do gameservers but is possible it's for authentication, two things - does this one just appear in a custom/zombies game? Remove it from the deny list, then If you disable auto ping, ping it manually, then deny it does it work?

Oh, I have deleted the list, my intention was that I gonna do the denies again and to see if it makes any difference. But as soons as the specific peer appears, I will try it out. And I actually don't remember if it did appear in the multiplayer as well. I will keep that in mind.

Is it this normal?  When playing Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer, the game still puts me sometime on Spain dedicated server, it seems like there are many servers within that dedicated server, it keeps showing up  that it is not denied when I boot up the game. Left picture is showing that I blocked the dediciated server twice, but the ID is almost the same. On the right side, showing only one dedicated server, yeah you know :P

Spain 2.png

Spain.png

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators
25 minutes ago, Comp0za said:

will the next beta firmware/dumaos fix the issue when denying peers sometimes doesn't work?

It's not been our focus for this next version as we've been really motivated to resolve the memory issue and much more general stability improvements. So the next version will be a lot better, it's unlikely those changes will have resolved that so we can look at it for the one after next.

• 8 months later...

Happy New Year Fraser,

To add weight to this i'm going through the exact same thing. Allow or deny isn't working. I can use the polygons to block out servers but to allow anything outside of my polygons i.e. allowing the shareplay server outside of the polygon filter, restart shareplay, again the yellow triangle again though being in the allow list with exact same ID.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Bladebrown11 said:

Happy New Year Fraser,

To add weight to this i'm going through the exact same thing. Allow or deny isn't working. I can use the polygons to block out servers but to allow anything outside of my polygons i.e. allowing the shareplay server outside of the polygon filter, restart shareplay, again the yellow triangle again though being in the allow list with exact same ID.

Happy New Year! Servers cluster in the same location and so can differ slightly in their ID, could you double check that? There may be another icon layered underneath/on top which is hard to click so zoom in fully. If you can provide the ID as well we can add that to the whitelist so you don't need to allow it.