The "Deny" in Geo Filter

• Administrators

Do you mean it allows it instead of denying it or that it doesn't block it and therefore it can be allowed? Are you waiting 2 minutes after denying before searching for a game again so the connection can be severed? 

Yes, it doesn't block it even when I deny it. Yes I had been been waiting more than 2 minutes, I even restarted the game. I played Black Ops Cold War Zombies, there are no dedicated servers, only peer host, in the game mode.

2 hours ago, Comp0za_ said:

Yes, it doesn't block it even when I deny it. Yes I had been been waiting more than 2 minutes, I even restarted the game. I played Black Ops Cold War Zombies, there are no dedicated servers, only peer host, in the game mode.

Could you let us know what it is you're looking to block? Is it a specific player, such that you don't match with them again?

It was a specific player that became a host, and I didn't like the ping, blocked the player, restarted the game again, searched for a zombies match, got matched up with him again. 

1 hour ago, Comp0za_ said:

It was a specific player that became a host, and I didn't like the ping, blocked the player, restarted the game again, searched for a zombies match, got matched up with him again. 

Ah OK - thanks for explaining. How do you know that it was the same player? Was their icon on the same place or did you check their ID?

17 hours ago, Comp0za_ said:

It was on the same place, and I had given it a name before. 

OK, next time this occurs and you click on the peer and check their ID? This will let us know if it's the same player or if it's just appearing in the same location.

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Comp0za_ said:

aha, is it only you guys who can identify the IP adress? Is it encrypted for us ? Only you can get access to it?

The ID can only be converted to an IP by us but the IP is usually shown in the domain field on the ping panel - it's not always accurate which is why we ask for the ID instead

4 hours ago, Comp0za_ said:

Why are you guys not letting us to see the real IP adress? 😉

Honestly, not sure, I think back when we designed Geo-filter there could've been an issue displaying these IPs so publicly, but as Fraser said they're freely displayed in Ping Heatmap if you wanted to see them.

8 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Honestly, not sure, I think back when we designed Geo-filter there could've been an issue displaying these IPs so publicly, but as Fraser said they're freely displayed in Ping Heatmap if you wanted to see them.

I meant that the host type is a peer, not decicated servers. The person who is the host, in black ops cold war zombies mode, I would like to see its IP adress.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Comp0za_ said:

I meant that the host type is a peer, not decicated servers. The person who is the host, in black ops cold war zombies mode, I would like to see its IP adress.

I believe that was the reason we didn't make it public, a player doesn't need to know another players IP address and makes it easier to DDoS them if that person is so inclined

Wow, suddenly, when I chanced my radius pointer on the geo filter, all the denies aren't working any more, have to start to deny all over again. I'm getting tired of this firmware, considering to flash the xr500 to another firmware, similary to DumaOS. No more updates to XR500. No point to use DumaOS. I'm very disappointed.  

Take look at this video, I recorded this bug, I set my radius on my home location, set the ping assist to 15 ms, but this DumaOS put me anyway on a VERY high ping lobby, 100 ms!!, and the Auto Ping Host is showing 5 ms! https://imgur.com/a/dWZCen0 

You guys need to release a new beta update ASAP, otherwise I won't be sticking longer to XR500 or any Netgear, DumaOS routers at all.

• Administrators

Denies you made today or ones previously made as well? Are they definitely denied in that auto ping brings it up with the name you previously gave it when denied? 

Ping Assist can allow a server if it the initial ping was under the value set, even if it increases afterwards. That being said, Auto Ping didn't show any rates at all, doesn't look like it went into the game fully, the ping panel also didn't stop when the host did - we you just searching for a game at this point? We are working on an update and it shouldn't be far off now. 

I totally reinstall the .120 on my XR500, the video I posted, was recorded after when the denies were bugged. But this time, I had set ping assist to 15 ms, and the duma os somehow put me into a game lobby, "Zombies match" with a 100 ms ping within the game.

I will also record the game itself and the dumaos at the same time, so you will see more accurate what is happening.

• 2 weeks later...