Wireworld Chroma 8 and XR700

Hello

My equipment:

NIC: Asus XGC-100F

RJ45: 2x Wireworld Chroma 8

2x SFP+ adapters 10GTek

Router: XR700

Could anyone tell me why my Chroma's work with any ethernet port of other devices except SFP+ adapter port in my NIC (green lights blinking), but my old CAT8 cables work with it? Thanks for helpful info.

That chroma cable isn't even close to beeing cat 8 spec with it beeing flat and having gold connectors (gold connectors is BS since the metal on these connectors is for shielding, not conductivity) Seriously don't spend your money on that stuff.

What is the length of your cable? RJ45 SFP+ transcievers have a shorter distance limit because the transcievers cannot supply the same power as a 10Gbe RJ45 port. Usually the transcievers state their maximum distance.

If you are at short ranges then I would use a DAC cable in your case. DAC cables actually have less latency than fiber for the same length. And if you want to go wired, for 10G connections Cat 6 is enough, for short distances even 5E works altough I would be weary of that with the lower power limits of SFP+ trancievers.

Yeah for that distance definitely get a DAC cable. You might want to check your NIC and XR700 compatibility list, since not everything always works, but I use Netgear AXC761. The XR700 detects that just fine, your NIC should as well.