The Future of DumaOS

I just bought an XR1000, came along to the forum, and was surprised to find out you sell your own router! I was interested in one particular feature your own router has, which is hybrid VPN. It kinda annoys me that I just bought a router  and it already lacks features....yet you don't sell and equivalent router, your latest is a low cost router. 

It actually surprises me that you don't already sell upgrades for existing hardware when you introduce new features. This could also be expanded to setups for specific games. In essence you have a version of Microsoft Store in the router.

I mean I don't think you would need to support a router for long. Three years say. But it could be an earner for you and certainly would keep the customers happy!

3 hours ago, Harley said:

I just bought an XR1000, came along to the forum, and was surprised to find out you sell your own router! I was interested in one particular feature your own router has, which is hybrid VPN. It kinda annoys me that I just bought a router  and it already lacks features....yet you don't sell and equivalent router, your latest is a low cost router. 

It actually surprises me that you don't already sell upgrades for existing hardware when you introduce new features. This could also be expanded to setups for specific games. In essence you have a version of Microsoft Store in the router.

I mean I don't think you would need to support a router for long. Three years say. But it could be an earner for you and certainly would keep the customers happy!

Thanks for the feedback! While it's not officially announced, I think HybridVPN will be a feature on the XR1000 in future so don't worry about that!

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/27/2021 at 2:16 AM, Harley said:

Sucks that you just bought an XR1000 and i may sound sort of jacka$$ here but you should've cared to do a little more research. Secondly, you wont regret buy an R2 your essentially future proofing at that point.

Disrespect intend, do you like putting people down? I mean, intended, because that's what you showed me.  I was unaware of the R2 but also was asking the question because its a much cheaper product hardware wise. Why is it future proofing? What is so different about the R2?

3 hours ago, Harley said:

Disrespect intend, do you like putting people down? I mean, intended, because that's what you showed me.  I was unaware of the R2 but also was asking the question because its a much cheaper product hardware wise. Why is it future proofing? What is so different about the R2?

The XR1000 certainly has more powerful hardware than the R2, the benefit gained with the R2 is that it's the first platform we build new features for, so you'll always have the bleeding edge tech with the R2. Of course, these features are intended to trickle down to the NPG range shortly after. 

I don't know, I may buy one anyway, just to see. I don't consider £140 a lot when it comes to something new for a PC so I would happily spend that as an experiment. The only thing that slightly concerns me about the R2 is that the hardware is not, shall we say, up there at the top, but truth is I don't really need it to be. Many of the routers I get I am paying for firmware features I don't actually need or use.

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, Harley said:

I don't know, I may buy one anyway, just to see. I don't consider £140 a lot when it comes to something new for a PC so I would happily spend that as an experiment. The only thing that slightly concerns me about the R2 is that the hardware is not, shall we say, up there at the top, but truth is I don't really need it to be. Many of the routers I get I am paying for firmware features I don't actually need or use.

We generally recommend to people that if hardware is their priority then the XR range is best and if you care about software the most then the R2 is the way to go.