Internet connection disconnects every few days

TrayDay

I've been having problems for a couple months now with the Internet completely dropping. I've read that it might have to do with the memory of the R2. I've tried the usual factory reset and just leaving everything in their default configurations. The problem would persist in either a few hours or it could take a few days before the internet connection is completely dropped. Result in disconnecting everything from the modem, R2, and Access Point. Proceeding with reattaching power to the Modem, then R2, and then AP. It's been having for the past couple firmware. I've just dealt with it since, I know whatever is the actual problem is being worked on with each firmware. But I am curious, if the problem can be alleviated as the issue isn't widespread. I've attached the log file. currently on R2 3.0.205

Thanks guys, appreciate the help.

log-1631904485024.txt

I did a factory reset yesterday and limit the settings to default. Only changed QoS, Congestion Control to "always" with my 50% d/ 90% u on the slider. About a few minutes ago, the internet cut off again. I've attached the logs. log-1632085115330.txt

Looking at my history and I was watching a youtube video at the time. I've noticed, it happens when I'm watching youtube videos sometimes. But I was watching the video and I believe around 1:48pm - 2:00pm PST time.

Yeah the internet drop off issue its back again, I had this problem last year and suddenly it stopped but just now internet wasn't working. All led lights are lit up but no internet, restarted the router internet is back.

Firmware version :R2 3.0.205

Logs attached

log-1632129299530.txt

I grab them after the reboot to bring up the internet. Because I be completely disconnected from the WiFi once the disconnect happens. Currently only connected to the router with PC via WiFi only. Next time, I'll connect through ethernet to pull the logs.

10 hours ago, TrayDay said:

I grab them after the reboot to bring up the internet. Because I be completely disconnected from the WiFi once the disconnect happens. Currently only connected to the router with PC via WiFi only. Next time, I'll connect through ethernet to pull the logs.

OK, sounds great, let us know when you've been able to do that.

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, sounds great, let us know when you've been able to do that.

I literally had it cut off right before your comment. It’s been down for thirty minutes. I can’t even access the GUI while connected via Ethernet. I’m currently using my phone to type this message. I tried setting a static IP after I noticed the dhcp ip changed (in screenshot of what I noticed) to access the GUI. But to no avail, it just not working. My AP is being identified “Retro_2G” but Netduma wifi is not. 

31C84258-9278-4089-BCBA-0C64FA4BDD2B.jpeg

24365A74-843C-40AA-86EC-86248364F2BA.jpeg

5B6C6DE1-FF6C-4190-8BF4-A79C33DC0787.jpeg

05B3F06F-0B28-486C-A1ED-184204017BA8.png

EDIT::

I just restarted again. Logs show they was erased again. I also believe it may be restarting due to overheating. Because when I picked it up. The bottom of the router was really hot to the touch. So modified for better cooling. That may have been my case. Will keep you guys posted on the results.

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks for letting us know, we're aware that they can get rather warm but I think we've only ever seen one case where that was the cause of the problem. 

If this isn't the solution, let us know and we can enable some remote logging on your R2 so we don't lose the logs after a disconnection.

Ah okay. Most definitely will keep you guys informed. Thanks for letting me know. 

7 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks for letting us know, we're aware that they can get rather warm but I think we've only ever seen one case where that was the cause of the problem. 

If this isn't the solution, let us know and we can enable some remote logging on your R2 so we don't lose the logs after a disconnection.

It happened again about 5-10 mins ago.

15 hours ago, TrayDay said:

It happened again about 5-10 mins ago.

OK thanks for letting us know.

Another thing you can actually try would be to go to Network Settings -> LAN -> DHCP and set the lease time to 168 hours. Save these settings and see if the disconnections at least are less frequent.

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK thanks for letting us know.

Another thing you can actually try would be to go to Network Settings -> LAN -> DHCP and set the lease time to 168 hours. Save these settings and see if the disconnections at least are less frequent.

Okay, will give this a go. That would be great if this does help. Thanks.

2 hours ago, TrayDay said:

It disconnected again a about 11:50pm - 12:05am I believe. This time it reconnected and was able to enter the gui and attached the logs. I haven enabled remote access. So you can monitor.

log-1632467332618.txt 71.13 kB · 1 download

Hmm, there's a couple of entries in there that are interesting, I've sent them over to a dev to look into, I'll get back to you!

It happened again. Wasn’t the outlet or anything as everything has power and  is still running. It’s just the R2 not having internet. 10-15 mins ago it went down. It’s still down now. 

• 3 weeks later...

I thought it was going pretty good. As it did last a bit longer when I changed the least time to 168 hours. But just about 15 minutes ago. I had to pull the plug for the reset on the R2. Hopefully you guys was able to monitor the R2 during the time.