Gig1 Virgin

mfoz11

Just got the new Gig1 from Virgin....Netduma wont let me change my speeds which i assume it uses for QoS just spins and spins, ive rebooted it and the same.

Speeds should be set at 1130 down and 52 up.

Im hoping the R2 can support this speed as well?

• Administrators

Glad you got access back. The ports are gigabit ports so you would not be able to get 1130 at the very most you would get 1000 which is the hardware limit but realistically you're looking more around 900ish. If you put in 1000 it will save.

3 hours ago, mfoz11 said:

Just got the new Gig1 from Virgin....Netduma wont let me change my speeds which i assume it uses for QoS just spins and spins, ive rebooted it and the same.

Speeds should be set at 1130 down and 52 up.

Im hoping the R2 can support this speed as well?

The only way that you're going to get 1130 down is through link aggregation from the hub, but I don't think any Duma routers support that.

The average is around 600-700 over here, even with Gig1's advertised speed, you'll be lucky to get more than 850 (still a decent service though!)

19 hours ago, headstruck said:

The only way that you're going to get 1130 down is through link aggregation from the hub, but I don't think any Duma routers support that.

The average is around 600-700 over here, even with Gig1's advertised speed, you'll be lucky to get more than 850 (still a decent service though!)

Its more just dont allow over 999 in the box i think in future releases so stop it hanging