Warzone servers and lag

zman1156

I dont think its just me because alot of my friends have been lagging also and getting higher than normal pings. Even when i connect to the closest server to me i get like 40-50 ping. I cant vouch for EU but NA servers have been shit lately. Is anyone else seeing this? Also im on gigabit connection 1Gbps so i do not believe my internet is a factor everything else works fine. Just this game lol. 

would be nice to hear some feedback from someone in NA im curious if its an EU thing as well. Has to be the servers right? Alot of the time on the left side of my screen there will be those red and orange squares which means a server issue right or some commuication issue with server? Also as i said all my friends are having the same issue too but figured i ask to see whats going on. Thanks alot

Im only 120 miles away from the nearest server(chicago). Before i started having server issues there would be alot of green dots/diamonds whatever you wanna call them for servers alot of them would be like 20-30 ping or even less sometimes. Now at the moment ive been having issues with every server and even alot of my friends on pc and console also.  the lowest ping i can get on the closest server is 40+ ping. Ive had the net duma for 6+ months now so i know whats realistic and whats not and this is just not it. Not blaming net duma at all really because you guys dont control the cod servers i just wanted to make everyone aware and see what is really going on here. Im on a 1gbps connection as well as i said earlier. Would changing my dns help? currently using 1.1.1.1 or 1.0.0.1 

also its worth noting that sometimes as well me and everyone in the server it will just be choppy and well all be having like 8-10% packet loss its not every game with the packet loss but it does happen and it wont last forever but its highly annoying when its happening to the whole squad and everyone in the server. Really hoping activision and demonware get their stuff together because i believe demonware is in charge of the servers if im not mistaken. 

Ill give it a try to see but i doubt that has anything to do with it. All my friends are going through the same things and ive asked even randoms if theyve been having the same issues and they all say yes and i dont think any of them have a net duma. But if changing mtu is a fix i will by all means give it a go. Thanks for the suggestion i will report back and let you know how that goes. 

I saw that thread earlier about the mtu thing and not all were having good results with it so it seems like it is hit or miss. I figured if it was an MTU thing for net duma routers you guys wouldve released a post about it or something. Is this something you guys are looking into or trying to test your selves? Thanks for the info though. 

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, zman1156 said:

I saw that thread earlier about the mtu thing and not all were having good results with it so it seems like it is hit or miss. I figured if it was an MTU thing for net duma routers you guys wouldve released a post about it or something. Is this something you guys are looking into or trying to test your selves? Thanks for the info though. 

Well its not a feature specific to the router and it's true that it can have an impact, I would expect for most that it doesn't but if you're having packet loss issues then it could potentially help. It's not something we've investigated as our general stance is that it wouldn't help for the most part. 

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

Well its not a feature specific to the router and it's true that it can have an impact, I would expect for most that it doesn't but if you're having packet loss issues then it could potentially help. It's not something we've investigated as our general stance is that it wouldn't help for the most part. 

Ill try it out and get back to you. Thanks for the advice again. Im just going through twitch right now watching to see if other people have it too. Person im watching right now was just in server with 95% packet loss. Seems like warzone servers are chalked right now. 

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes if you do a Connection Benchmark test and post the results here we can see whether there are any issues/need to change QoS settings for a better experience

ill get back to you after work tommorow on this thanks for all your feed back and everything you guys do for net duma. By far the best router and best router support. Bravo to you guys!!!!!!!!!!

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, zman1156 said:

ill get back to you after work tommorow on this thanks for all your feed back and everything you guys do for net duma. By far the best router and best router support. Bravo to you guys!!!!!!!!!!

You're very welcome, thanks for the kind words!

• Administrators

The speed part of the test we're still improving upon so the speed won't actually be that slow. There does appear to be some inherent jitter/spikes on your connection which isn't ideal - that's not something we can help with. Ping Under Load makes sense with QoS off - your ping would only be like that if your connection were to get saturated but given your speeds that's very unlikely to happen. So really you don't necessarily require QoS but you can try with it on/off and see what gives you a better experience.

Okay thanks for the help. Would the jitter and spikes be because im on wifi? Ive seperated the 2.4 and 5Ghz band also and im on the 5Ghz one. People in my house arent that keen on me running and ethernet line. Maybe i will just have to do that. Also when changing MTU the router should be rebooted right?

• Administrators

No it's not because of WiFi as Connection Benchmark tests directly from the router so it unchanged by your connection method. Generally speaking if you're going to play over WiFi then 2.4GHz would give you a more stable experience but ethernet would be best. Rebooting after changing MTU isn't required

Roger that, ive done some reading about wifi correct me if im wrong. 2.4 goes farther but gets weaker right and 5 ghz is strong close but doesnt go very far. My router and computer are about 6-7 feet only apart there is just a wall in between. Have you seen a difference between having 2.4 and 5ghz in seperate wifi channels or does that not matter? let me know i could always put them back together if that would help but im not sure that it would. 

• Administrators

Yes you're right on that one. 5GHz has less penetration power so it impacted by obstacles whereas 2.4GHz can penetrate these obstacles and give you a more consistent connection. 5GHz is more used for high speed services/applications so for gaming it's not needed. I usually recommend disabling Mirror mode as some devices struggle with the automatic switching the router does between 2.4/5GHz. 

44 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes you're right on that one. 5GHz has less penetration power so it impacted by obstacles whereas 2.4GHz can penetrate these obstacles and give you a more consistent connection. 5GHz is more used for high speed services/applications so for gaming it's not needed. I usually recommend disabling Mirror mode as some devices struggle with the automatic switching the router does between 2.4/5GHz. 

Im on a pretty good PC what would you reccomend for PC? Leaving mirror mode off or on i dont use console.