Constant wifi problems

I have an XR450. I've basically had it since day 1. I constantly have problems with the wifi dropping out. It wasn't a problem that worried me till a little bit ago as now I have people living with me who actually use the wifi. Most of the devices with issues are android devices. The band does not make a difference. I also added a wifi extender to try and help carry the signal and while that did help the far side of my home, it's still cutting out at the XR450. What can I do? Devices do NOT lose signal, the connection just cuts out. Anything wired to the router never skips a beat. My ISP has confirmed nothing is wrong on their end, which makes sense cuz my wired PC never has an issue when the wifi does.

image.thumb.png.1e2c6ec0fc24febc0e2fa73e0be52e26.png

• Administrators

When the connection cuts out does it re-establish itself after a few seconds/minutes or do you have to reboot or reconnect to the WiFi etc? Do you notice it on both 2.4 and 5GHz? Do you have any wireless (e.g. remotes, headphones etc) devices or electrical devices within close proximity to the router ~3ft?

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

When the connection cuts out does it re-establish itself after a few seconds/minutes or do you have to reboot or reconnect to the WiFi etc? Do you notice it on both 2.4 and 5GHz? Do you have any wireless (e.g. remotes, headphones etc) devices or electrical devices within close proximity to the router ~3ft?

It depends on the device. I usually have to drop off the wifi and connect back to it. My son's kindle fire has the worst. Also my extender, also Netgear, cannot detect the 5ghz signal which is weird. I really want all the devices that aren't wifi enabled things like bulbs on the 5ghz for obvious reasons. But it seems the least stable. I also have not seen a real firmware update in years. 

19 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

How did you adjust the channels? I'd suggest using a Wi-Fi Analyser to find the least congested channels in your area as this can often help greatly.

There's a good one on the Microsoft store you can download, it's just called Wi-Fi Analyser.

Yes I have. And all my smart bulbs are having trouble recently too. Extremely delayed reactions. 

I notice you have smart control off, can you confirm you have different names for both 2.4 and 5Ghz.

Can you enable the coexistence 20/40mhz for 2.4. Devices need to support it and if you have other channels around you you end up with more interference and to verify that’s not causing an issue try it on.

Ive had similar issues with a NG RAX120 using an extender. Every now and again the device would show a connection but drops the internet and I had to turn the devices WiFi off then back on. The issue was when the device roamed in my case from extender to router. 

Do the logs indicate anything?