Non existant wifi

The netgear is in bridge mode and can't be accessed. The router mode is disabled so this is not a factor.  The R2 settings can not be changed so no rules can be set. I reset everything again.  Try again tomorrow.  If they still can't gain access then it is the router.  I am a consumer, not a IT technician.  If these are not plug and play it should state this in advertising.

10 hours ago, [email protected] said:

The netgear is in bridge mode and can't be accessed. The router mode is disabled so this is not a factor.  The R2 settings can not be changed so no rules can be set. I reset everything again.  Try again tomorrow.  If they still can't gain access then it is the router.  I am a consumer, not a IT technician.  If these are not plug and play it should state this in advertising.

OK thanks for doing this, it should be accessible in that case. Are you posting here while connected to the R2? Are you able to see the R2s WAN IP in the System Information page? If so, could you send it over to me in a private message?

25 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Do I have a peice of junk modem? I have left it open. I am shutting everything down now due to tropical storm Ida.

We need to take a look to find out. Thanks for sending over the IP, I can get a response from the R2 so we know that we should have access, though it looks like Remote Access to tech support has been toggled off, could you confirm that's the case?

It is on. I have had it on since Friday night. If I navigate away from the page I have to click it again. The interface is not working correctly. I can not use any features. I have also tried rolling the firmware back and reinstalling the current firmware as well. There is a script error every time. I feel that the internet is just passing through. The speeds are sporadic as well. Would a short video of anything help?

Firefox. The hardware is working but the software is not. WiFi transmitted 3 days into our trials and the password was not the preset provided with the unit. The interface can not be altered in anyway. It seems to go through the motions but remains unchanged. Errors are being logged every minute by the dozens.

4 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Chrome and Edge have zero interaction.  I have it "ready to go" again.  I sent the new IP to Liam.  I toggled the switch on and off several times.

Thank you!

I've forced an upgrade for you as the devs suggest you might of had a bad flash. You'll need to run through the setup wizard but it should be fine after this.

10 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

I am at work for another 8 hours. Will it be okay until then? As long as my power doesn't go out that is.

Yeah that'll be fine, just be aware you probably won't have internet connectivity when you get home as you'll need to run through the setup wizard.

I set it up and nothing changed. I was able to factory reset through the interface. Nothing changed. I tried reinstalling the latest firmware and it actually took. Everything seems to be working. WiFi is broadcasting and I am able to setup Geo filter for Warzone. It is still logging errors though. I am going to let it run and I will post the log later. I am extremely happy at the moment and hopefully it keeps working.

8 hours ago, [email protected] said:

The connection is not as good as before.  This could just be Activision garbage.  I attached the most current log because it still shows errors.

log-1630633594484.txt 71.8 kB · 2 downloads

That's all looking normal, there aren't any errors in there to be concerned about!

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators
5 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

This router is a peice of garbage. It literally resets itself every week. Now it stopped working altogether again. It just constantly cycles on and off. It was painstaking last time I tried to get support. 

I would highly recommend you upgrade to the recent firmware we released today that has a lot of stability improvements. Factory reset after it is complete to ensure no issues carry over.

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/38047-new-r2-firmware-30394/