Non existant wifi

I purchased the Netduma R2 in April. It is an amazing gaming router but I constantly have problems with it. I have seen plenty of posts with my situation and I don't have time to bother with chit chat. My router has stopped working 4 times now and it was painstaking to get them going again. The factory reset does not work properly. It took 3 days last time to reset my router. When my router went out this time I just unplugged and waited a week. I just tried to bring it up and the wifi is setup but not broadcasting. Is there a firmware update coming? I wouldn't think this is faulty hardware but who knows.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

What is actually the issue, what do you mean by it goes out, as in the internet disconnecting, interface no longer accessible, both?

How are you resetting the router exactly, do you mean a reboot - are you pulling the plug or restarting from the interface?

All seems good but I quit getting internet. I pull up the Duma OS interface but I can't restart/reboot from there. I have reinitialized the router after several attempts with success until now. I have every device on a Monster surge protector but I power down whenever it storms. (To protect my PS5). I believe powering down is causing the issue. This is the fourth time since April it has quit working and I finally got it going but the wifi won't broadcast. I tried resetting it by unplugging it (the reset in the OS won't work) and it is factory resetting every time. I use a Netgear C7000V2 and disable router mode. When I use my Netgear as a router (modem router combo) I have no issues at all.

10 hours ago, [email protected] said:

All seems good but I quit getting internet. I pull up the Duma OS interface but I can't restart/reboot from there. I have reinitialized the router after several attempts with success until now. I have every device on a Monster surge protector but I power down whenever it storms. (To protect my PS5). I believe powering down is causing the issue. This is the fourth time since April it has quit working and I finally got it going but the wifi won't broadcast. I tried resetting it by unplugging it (the reset in the OS won't work) and it is factory resetting every time. I use a Netgear C7000V2 and disable router mode. When I use my Netgear as a router (modem router combo) I have no issues at all.

Welcome!

Are you able to reboot the R2 from the interface? You mention you can't reset, but will it reboot? You can find this in the three-dot menu in the top right of the interface.

Microsoft edge on a standard Dell Inspiron PC. I setup my router 4 times yesterday. I was able to use the interface each time but the wifi would not broadcast. I changed my wifi settings multiple times with no success. I could not restart the router from the interface menu any of those times. I unplugged the router and modem hoping they would reinitialize but it caused a factory reset each time.

10 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Microsoft edge on a standard Dell Inspiron PC. I setup my router 4 times yesterday. I was able to use the interface each time but the wifi would not broadcast. I changed my wifi settings multiple times with no success. I could not restart the router from the interface menu any of those times. I unplugged the router and modem hoping they would reinitialize but it caused a factory reset each time.

Edge doesn't work great with DumaOS, could you please try Chrome or Firefox? There's a lot of formatting issues with Edge so it wouldn't surprise me if it also couldn't use some of the buttons on the interface.

No luck. Firefox allowed me to "factory reset" but it did not factory reset.  It did factory reset when I powered it down though. The WiFi doesn't broadcast and it resets with power loss. That is my issue. I know how to setup my network so the issue is not me. The log keeps going crazy so maybe some pics could help. 

8 hours ago, [email protected] said:

No luck. Firefox allowed me to "factory reset" but it did not factory reset.  It did factory reset when I powered it down though. The WiFi doesn't broadcast and it resets with power loss. That is my issue. I know how to setup my network so the issue is not me. The log keeps going crazy so maybe some pics could help. 

Could you please download that log file from System Information and send it over? We can then investigate what might be causing this strange behaviour.

I set it up, downloaded the log and reset the router with the interface. It factory reset itself. I set it up again and downloaded the log file again. It doesn't stop logging errors at any point. I typed this message and downloaded the log again if you need it too. It doesn't stop.

log-1629838945935.txt log-1629839454464.txt

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

I set it up, downloaded the log and reset the router with the interface. It factory reset itself. I set it up again and downloaded the log file again. It doesn't stop logging errors at any point. I typed this message and downloaded the log again if you need it too. It doesn't stop.

log-1629838945935.txt 70.26 kB · 0 downloads log-1629839454464.txt 69.14 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for this, we'll pass it on to the devs to take a look

12 hours ago, [email protected] said:

log-1629838945935.txt 70.26 kB · 2 downloads log-1629839454464.txt 69.14 kB · 1 download

OK so there's definitely an issue with the wireless, whether it's related to your reset problem we're unsure. We don't think it's actually factory resetting, but rather that you're being sent back to the setup page every time it reboots due to a corruption somewhere.

Could you please access the interface and go to Network settings -> WAN -> Enable remote access to tech support.

Let me know when you've done this and we'll be able to take a look on the router at what's happening.

• Administrators

That is too late for us to access but if you enable it when you get home this evening and then post here letting us know you've done it then they can access tomorrow as you don't need to be at home 

9 hours ago, [email protected] said:

I enabled remote access. As long as my power doesn't go out it should be accessible. 

We don't appear to be able to access to it at the moment. If the R2 is connected to a router/modem combo (i.e has Wi-Fi capability), could you make sure the R2 is in the DMZ of this? Could you also double check that there are no port forwarding rules on the R2 or the modem, and the R2 DMZ is disabled? Once you've done this, make a post here from behind the R2 and I should be able to access it.

When I received my router it setup with no issue. It lasted a month and just quit working. I was able to factory reset it and it worked for a while again. Something is obviously wrong with it. When I turn router mode off in my netgear I can not access it without a full reset. I reset everything again for another try. None of the Rapps work currently so nothing has been changed. If they device can't be accessed it is because of the device. I make automobile floor mats for a living so I don't know what to tell you guys. I feel I am being cooperative but this is like dealing with Scuf.

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

When I received my router it setup with no issue. It lasted a month and just quit working. I was able to factory reset it and it worked for a while again. Something is obviously wrong with it. When I turn router mode off in my netgear I can not access it without a full reset. I reset everything again for another try. None of the Rapps work currently so nothing has been changed. If they device can't be accessed it is because of the device. I make automobile floor mats for a living so I don't know what to tell you guys. I feel I am being cooperative but this is like dealing with Scuf.

Has the above been done? If not it wouldn't be possible to access the router as there is no direct route from the internet to it. If it has been done and we still can't access then that would be a router issue but if it's on it should be accessible