Connection Benchmark

Hello team,

Quick question,  my ping upload has been sitting round 3.50 - consistently. Any reason why the ping upload is now changed to 9.58 if not slightly higher, its been like that 5days straight. Any suggestion why.

below is a screen shot 

thank you

William

9CF62E00-DAC9-4488-81F0-35767D0FC8A9.png

53CF24C3-8D48-4E7B-9232-AFB35C50D2D7.png

Great thanks, can you continue to reduce the Congestion Control sliders about 5% at a time and run a new Connection Benchmark each time?

This way you'll be able to see what configuration yields the best results. If possible, ensure that there isn't a great deal of traffic from other devices on the network while you're testing this as it may skew the results.

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, Will said:

Hi Liam,

Tried that still no change unfortunately. 

William

The Connection Benchmark results on the XR routers still need to be improved so you can take that result with a pinch of salt, you're unlikely to be getting that

Hi Fuzy,

Much appreciated- I too have fibre but im confused as to why my ping upload as gone up recently now I can’t get it back down. 

My result in the past have been consistent 3.50ms during day and evening- settings haven’t changed. Even turned off qos results same. 

Thanks mate 

😞 

1 hour ago, MarkLodi said:

Hi Fraser. thanks for the reply.

Yes, I know about the interface, but when I tried to log into it, I kept getting something like "Loading DumaOS...please wait." and it just hung there. I had no option but to press the power button on the back, wait 10 seconds, power back on. That is what happened when I lost all settings. Also happened again last night - hence the fear - but it did come back up after reboot, and I did get the interface back afterwards (though it is the SLOWEST loading interface I have ever seen, and I've been an IT manager for 20 years...)

I'll take a look in the LAN Settings section tonight to see if I can do that. I'm used to configuring devices from their interfaces, so I wasn't aware - just never came up I guess - that I could do that in reverse, set the IPs from the router side.

I'm assuming that since my devices are already connected to 2.4 turning off Smart Connect won't force me to reconnect them (as that is a pain with these Smart Devices). The only things I really have on 5ghz are my consoles, TVs (roku devices) and mobile/pc devices. Everything else is running 2.4 for compatibility and stability reasons.

I'll update after I've made these changes and see if things have stabilized. Thanks again.

Mark

Boy, I feel like a newb...sorry, all. I swear I posted my updates above to the forum thread titled "Xr1000 devices keep disconnecting", but I must have clicked into the wrong thread. Fraser, if there is any way to move these posts over to that thread, I'd appreciate it. If not, then I will reply with my results over there, quoting the above and not post in here again, to keep the thread from getting any more sidetracked. Again my apologies all. Not the introduction I wanted to make. :(

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, MarkLodi said:

Boy, I feel like a newb...sorry, all. I swear I posted my updates above to the forum thread titled "Xr1000 devices keep disconnecting", but I must have clicked into the wrong thread. Fraser, if there is any way to move these posts over to that thread, I'd appreciate it. If not, then I will reply with my results over there, quoting the above and not post in here again, to keep the thread from getting any more sidetracked. Again my apologies all. Not the introduction I wanted to make. :(

Make a new topic and I'll move your responses there, then we can just focus on you