Feature request- IPv6 passthrough

Hello

My ISP has a pretty locked up ONT router. It only allocates one block of /64, so when I connect the ONT to R2's WAN, only the WAN side of R2 receives IPv6, and not the LAN. So I can't obtain ipv6 addresses when I connect devices to R2 LAN.

The ONT router does not even have a bridge mode, else I could have obtained IPv6 through R2 itself. So is it possible you implement a IPV6 passthrough feature for people who face such situations? This feature is available in Netgear, Asus, TP link routers as far as I know. 

I know IPv6 passthrough would actually put R2 in bridge mode for IPv6 by bridging the WAN to the LAN, but it would be wonderful if QOS and bandwidth throttling could also be applied to that, although it seems unlikely.

I had a discussion about my IPv6 issues here, but its nothing to do with R2, its just the way my ISP handles ipv6.

I have another question about using R2 in bridge mode, just as a switch without wifi capabilities, very similar to This. Would geo filter, qos, traffic prioritization work in this case?

I plan to accomplish this by connecting the LAN cable from my ONT to the R2's LAN port instead of WAN port, disabling the R2 DHCP and wifi. 

Another reason for me doing this is I don't want to connect PS4 behind two firewalls (ONT and R2). I want to use R2 as a switch with gaming capabilities, and use a router with better WiFi capabilities in AP mode connected to R2. The WiFi of ONT would also be disabled. 

11 minutes ago, dpk_ydv said:

I have another question about using R2 in bridge mode, just as a switch without wifi capabilities, very similar to This. Would geo filter, qos, traffic prioritization work in this case?

I plan to accomplish this by connecting the LAN cable from my ONT to the R2's LAN port instead of WAN port, disabling the R2 DHCP and wifi. 

Another reason for me doing this is I don't want to connect PS4 behind two firewalls (ONT and R2). I want to use R2 as a switch with gaming capabilities, and use a router with better WiFi capabilities in AP mode connected to R2. The WiFi of ONT would also be disabled. 

This wouldn't work I'm afraid, you'd need to have the cable connected to the R2s WAN port.

However, if you DMZ the R2 on the ONTs admin interface, and reserve it's current IP, you would achieve what you're looking for above! :) 

I read in one of the posts by Fraser that I need to disable upnp incase I use DMZ.

My ISP uses CG-NAT, but I still get open NAT with port forwarding in ONT with ONT -> R2 -> PS4 setup. With  Upnp in ONT I get open NAT only with ONT -> PS4 setup.  With DMZ alone, I've never been able to get open NAT.

So would there be any issues if I use port forwarding in combination with DMZ in ONT?

1 hour ago, dpk_ydv said:

I don't mean to rush you but do you have anything to say about my comment above? would it be counterproductive to have port forwarding and DMZ at the same time? 

Sorry about this, it wouldn't necessarily be counter-productive, it just may cause some problems. If it doesn't, feel free to continue using it that way!

Just simple port forwarding gets me an Open NAT. But since you mentioned there might be some problems to use port forward and DMZ at the same time, I would leave DMZ disabled. 

55 minutes ago, dpk_ydv said:

Just simple port forwarding gets me an Open NAT. But since you mentioned there might be some problems to use port forward and DMZ at the same time, I would leave DMZ disabled. 

OK great, run with that and let us know if you have any issues. If so, we can look into it further! :)