ipv6 not working

dpk_ydv

My ISP supports ipv6 and uses DHCP. My configuration is ISP router/ modem -> Netduma R2. I have ipv6 toggled on in both LAN and WAN. I have set DHCP mode in Netduma as well. The funny part is when I connect the ethernet from my modem to a LAN port of R2, I obtain IPv6 but not IPv4, so I can browse only IPv6 supported sites. And when I Connect the ethernet from Modem to WAN, then I get ipv4 but not IPv6. 

Edit: I just checked the LAN section of my Modem, and an IPv6 has been allotted to NetDuma. Just that I am not getting IPv6 using R2.

Thanks for posting, make sure your modem remains connected to the R2 via the R2's WAN port to avoid any connectivity issues.

Could you please go to System Information -> Network status and see what the IP address the R2 has been given? Is this an IPv6 address?

What's the make and model of your modem? Is it a modem/router (Wi-Fi capable) or is it a pure modem?

Thanks for the reply Liam.

In Network status the IP address is the one allotted by my ONT DHCP, its not an ipv6.

The model is JCOW401, and it seems proprietary to my ISP.

Its a Wi-Fi capable ONT modem/ router. 

Below is an image of IPv6 allotted to R2 by my ONT (the one with IP 192.168.29.3)

JioIPv6.thumb.JPG.359c6ef1bf23e326878ad13a7235b470.JPG

6 minutes ago, dpk_ydv said:

My public IP is IPv4 using netduma. But when I connect my ONT directly to my laptop, my public IP displays an IPv6.

Interesting, do you have a any reserved IP addresses set on your R2? You can check this in Network Settings -> LAN -> DHCP. If so, please remove them as this may be causing the issue.

If you go to Device Manager and click on your Laptop, do you see both IPv4 and v6 addresses?

I removed reserved IP's from DHCP but still don't have public ipv6

on device manager I see both ipv4 and ipv6 on laptop. Even ipconfig shows an ipv6 address when connected to R2.

In the pic the 'Temporary IPv6 address' is the IPv6 for my laptop that I see in Device manager.

cmdipv6.thumb.JPG.838383a0ebd9741f28b11e85dd3e3474.JPG

OK so if you Google the same thing again you're still seeing an IPv4 address? You may just need to remove your laptop from device manager then disconnect and reconnect it to the R2. You'll need to remove it from device manager by accessing the interface on another device as you can only remove devices when they're offline.

• Administrators

Disable IPv6 in LAN/WAN on the R2 then reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes, then access, enable IPv6 in LAN/WAN, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes then see whether you have a public IPv6 address using the R2.

Sorry Fraser, the situation is same as before. In device manager I can see ipv6, but not on google and ipv6-test.com. In the Duma OS app as well I can see ipv6 allotted to my cellphone, but not when I do an ip address search on google.

Yes, there is a firewall and DMZ option. I've put Netduma on ipv4 DMZ. Should I also try ipv6 DMZ?

The Firewall rules seems very complicated for my understanding. 

1.thumb.JPG.fc9d7728b9333d4c1d8aedfe0093f9a9.JPG

2.JPG

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, dpk_ydv said:

unfortunately even after putting R2 ipv6 on DMZ, the problem remains. 

Could you disable the protection options in WAN Settings and if that doesn't work try disabling QoS completely please?

• Administrators

Just a quick check, when you're testing these options are you getting the router to the point where it does detect it so then you can see whether these options keep it enabled or just changing the settings and seeing whether it comes back? If the latter, please do the former as they won't re-enable IPv6

I dont think R2 is detecting ipv6 at all. I also have PPPOE non IPV6 ISP connection, and in the network map, R2 is assigning IPV6 to clients regardless (I have IPV6 enabled in WAN and LAN)

With my IPV6 ISP, the ONT would assign an IPV6 to R2 (when I looked up LAN clients list in ONT), but R2 is unable to acquire it. 

6 hours ago, dpk_ydv said:

I dont think R2 is detecting ipv6 at all. I also have PPPOE non IPV6 ISP connection, and in the network map, R2 is assigning IPV6 to clients regardless (I have IPV6 enabled in WAN and LAN)

With my IPV6 ISP, the ONT would assign an IPV6 to R2 (when I looked up LAN clients list in ONT), but R2 is unable to acquire it. 

Just out of interest, how is your laptop connected to your R2? Is it over an ethernet cable or wireless?

Sure, but does PS4 support IPV6? I am not receiving IPV6 on my cellphone either. But when I directly connect to my ONT wifi, I have a IPV6 address.

I will also try connecting my ONT to a DD-WRT router on DHCP, and see if it can obtain a WAN ipv6 and allott ipv6 to its LAN clients. Perhaps theres a problem with the ONT? 

15 minutes ago, dpk_ydv said:

Sure, but does PS4 support IPV6? I am not receiving IPV6 on my cellphone either. But when I directly connect to my ONT wifi, I have a IPV6 address.

I will also try connecting my ONT to a DD-WRT router on DHCP, and see if it can obtain a WAN ipv6 and allott ipv6 to its LAN clients. Perhaps theres a problem with the ONT? 

Ah - my apologies, the PS4 doesn't support it. 

Let us know the results of that, I don't believe it's an issue with the ONT personally but it's worth checking.