Nighthawk XR500

Hi and welcome.

when you set it up it may update depending on what version of the official firmware was installed in production.

There is an open beta of Duma 3.0 available here that you may wish to look at, lots of info on the forum. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma

• Administrators

Exactly as above, during the setup wizard when you first connect to it there will be a part where it checks for the latest firmware and allow you to update to it from there. That will put you on the latest public version. If you want to try the beta you'll need to upgrade to that manually and you can find that from the link above.

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, fletcherjames1 said:

Sorry to bug you guys, can I not auto detect qos on this router, I had the R2 before this one and could do that

It's not currently available on the XR500 but should be available in the future

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, fletcherjames1 said:

No problem, thanks. Just trying to stabilise my ping under load 

Just a heads up, we need to improve reporting on the Benchmark results so you can take Ping Under Load with a pinch of salt, it's unlikely to be as bad as it makes out. The R2 is more accurate in that sense so find out what works for that and then set the XR to use the same would be my suggestion

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, fletcherjames1 said:

I dont have the R2 anymore unfortunately, ill just leave it at 70/70 until a new update is available. Is the geo filer working if filtering mode is off, as I cannot turn it on with call of duty(pc)

With Filtering Mode off it won't be filtering. Delete the device from the Geo-Filter, go to the Device Manager, give the PC the PlayStation device type then re-add it to the Geo-Filter and select the Manual option if available, then you can filter