Netduma R2 stopped working

M4nny

32 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Understood, the reason I asked you to do this with the WAN cable disconnected is because I'm curious as to whether an issue with the WAN port is causing these behaviours.

Yeah I’m not too sure why it’s happening. It’s strange as sometimes it’ll just randomly connect by itself although that’s been happening rarely as of late and when it does it seems to drop fairly quickly whereas at the start of last week when I first started encountered the issue it was just dropping once a day. It’s been gradually getting worse to the point now where it’s not working. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, M4nny said:

Yeah I’m not too sure why it’s happening. It’s strange as sometimes it’ll just randomly connect by itself although that’s been happening rarely as of late and when it does it seems to drop fairly quickly whereas at the start of last week when I first started encountered the issue it was just dropping once a day. It’s been gradually getting worse to the point now where it’s not working. 

It certainly is bizarre, have you been able to access the interface after removing the WAN connection then rebooting? I'd suggest you try accessing the interface from an incognito window after this.

40 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

It certainly is bizarre, have you been able to access the interface after removing the WAN connection then rebooting? I'd suggest you try accessing the interface from an incognito window after this.

I've just gave it a try after removing the WAN and rebooting it and then trying to access the interface via an incognito window and I get the same message 'This site can't be reached'

1 hour ago, M4nny said:

I've just gave it a try after removing the WAN and rebooting it and then trying to access the interface via an incognito window and I get the same message 'This site can't be reached'

OK, it's very odd that it's intermittently up, usually when we see hardware issues the router is just permanently bricked.

You mention you're not able to access it via Wi-Fi, are you still able to see the Wi-Fi network though?

55 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, it's very odd that it's intermittently up, usually when we see hardware issues the router is just permanently bricked.

You mention you're not able to access it via Wi-Fi, are you still able to see the Wi-Fi network though?

Nope it doesn't appear - I can't see the Wi-Fi network. 

6 minutes ago, M4nny said:

Nope it doesn't apipear - I can't see the Wi-Fi network. 

this is happening to me too. i have internet but i cant access to the interface. im getting this message Missing JSON response.   i tried EVERYTHING and nothing.  im getting internet thru the router but  not access to the interface...... i reset the router a couple times .but NOTHING

Screenshot (334).png

On 8/2/2021 at 4:40 PM, Netduma Liam said:

I tried for the last 30 minutes to try and get it to connect but it's just not working. On my Network settings it just keeps switching from 'Cable unplugged' to 'Not connected' every couple of seconds. I've tried in every port but the same issue keeps happening. It seems there's an issue with the ports?

25 minutes ago, frankaoz said:

this is happening to me too. i have internet but i cant access to the interface. im getting this message Missing JSON response.   i tried EVERYTHING and nothing.  im getting internet thru the router but  not access to the interface...... i reset the router a couple times .but NOTHING

Could you please try accessing this from a different browser? If that doesn't work, are you able to reboot the router then access the interface?

Just now, M4nny said:

I tried for the last 30 minutes to try and get it to connect but it's just not working. On my Network settings it just keeps switching from 'Cable unplugged' to 'Not connected' every couple of seconds. I've tried in every port but the same issue keeps happening. It seems there's an issue with the ports?

OK, could you please email [email protected] and we'll organise for this R2 to be collected from you, then issue you with a replacement.

37 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Could you please try accessing this from a different browser? If that doesn't work, are you able to reboot the router then access the interface?

OK, could you please email [email protected] and we'll organise for this R2 to be collected from you, then issue you with a replacement.

loading and loding .thats all........

reboot the router then access the interface? i did it alot times but nothing...

Screenshot (337).png

16 hours ago, frankaoz said:

loading and loding .thats all........

reboot the router then access the interface? i did it alot times but nothing...

Do you actively use both of those browsers? You may need to clear browser cache as both of those browsers are auto-filling a URL for the DumaOS interface.

8 minutes ago, frankaoz said:

I did it a couple times. Trust me i tried everything. I even changed the ethernet  wired.

So you're still just seeing "Missing JSON response" when you access the interface?

Are you able to see the NetdumaR2 Wi-Fi network and connect to it? If so, are you able to access the interface then?

1 minute ago, frankaoz said:

( Missing JSON) just with one browser .......

[  you able to see the NetdumaR2 Wi-Fi network ] Nop i cant.

Do you still have internet access? 

Could you please see what IP address you're getting from the R2?

To do this:

1. Hit WinKey + R and enter cmd
  2. In the command prompt that appears, enter the command ipconfig
  3. Send me a screenshot of the output.

• Administrators

Set a static IP on the PC itself that is connected via ethernet to the router using this information and this guide (control panel) https://pureinfotech.com/set-static-ip-address-windows-10/
IP 192.168.77.100
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.77.1
DNS 192.168.77.1
then see if you can access using 192.168.77.1

• Administrators

Right click on the interface on one of the browsers while it's trying to load, go to Network, click disable cache, hold the refresh button of the browser then select hard reload and empty cache, does it load then? If not get a screenshot of the Console on inspect element please