RAM usage (Free) bar graph

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No that's not normal, are you noticing any issues alongside that? A reboot should resolve it but interested in whether its causing any problems

thats so weird. i am not sure if its affecting me with anything  however it does feel weird when it comes to gaming. 2 days ago i did a reboot and 2 days later The Ram usage is being like that. btw what processers use up for Free Ram also what is a normal consistent percentage

• Administrators

Well it does really depend on your usage really, my XR is pretty standard, only has a few devices using it at any one time so my free is around 40%. Free will decrease depending on the amount of processes the router is doing, for example, are you using the Geo-Filter, QoS, running Ping Heatmap frequently or on a schedule, are you using Traffic Controller etc?

13 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Well it does really depend on your usage really, my XR is pretty standard, only has a few devices using it at any one time so my free is around 40%. Free will decrease depending on the amount of processes the router is doing, for example, are you using the Geo-Filter, QoS, running Ping Heatmap frequently or on a schedule, are you using Traffic Controller etc?

i am using QoS , Geo filter frequently but i still get very low free ram % when i'm not even playing or doing anything my XR is also standard 

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What are your QoS and Geo-Filter settings? Have you got a lot of TP rules or allow/deny entries on Geo?

i only have one rule on QoS and for Geo filter i have alot of Allow/Deny entries

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Baturi said:

i only have one rule on QoS and for Geo filter i have alot of Allow/Deny entries

In theory I suppose that could cause RAM to be used up when using the Geo - how many entries are we talking?

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

In theory I suppose that could cause RAM to be used up when using the Geo - how many entries are we talking?

14 entries

On 7/25/2021 at 11:28 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

That's very odd, when was the last time you performed a factory reset? Did you perform one after upgrading to the firmware you're on now?

yes i've done a Factory reset 3 times after upgrading FW

4 hours ago, Baturi said:

yes i've done a Factory reset 3 times after upgrading FW

Did you use a saved profile after the resets or did you set up as new?

Did you use the software to reset or the rear pinhole?

2 hours ago, Newfie said:

Did you use a saved profile after the resets or did you set up as new?

Did you use the software to reset or the rear pinhole?

i've used a new one also did both ways pinhole and through interface

1 hour ago, Baturi said:

i've used a new one also did both ways pinhole and through interface

Could you visit the interface from a Desktop/Laptop browser? It could be that it's just a display issue and not actually representing the memory usage accurately. I think you'd have some very noticeable problems if you were out of memory.

17 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Could you visit the interface from a Desktop/Laptop browser? It could be that it's just a display issue and not actually representing the memory usage accurately. I think you'd have some very noticeable problems if you were out of memory.

776546505_RAMUsagescreenshot.thumb.png.669e40305fefee18fc47dc7ac20205aa.png

Interesting! Could you now go to the three-dot menu in the top right and go to Advanced -> Rapp Performance.

Here, click the Advanced tab and hover your cursor a little higher than the "Rapp" Column until "Show kernel values" appears.

Click this and send a screenshot of the table.

17 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Interesting! Could you now go to the three-dot menu in the top right and go to Advanced -> Rapp Performance.

Here, click the Advanced tab and hover your cursor a little higher than the "Rapp" Column until "Show kernel values" appears.

Click this and send a screenshot of the table.

thats weird i have no such thing as Rapp Performance. i only have Network speeds and my timezone

7 hours ago, Baturi said:

thats weird i have no such thing as Rapp Performance. i only have Network speeds and my timezone

My apologies, I've just checked and that's not on the XR1000, sorry for the confusion!

I'm pretty confident this is just a front-end issue so nothing to worry about, but if you wanted to you could try re-installing the same firmware over the top and then factory reset, there may have been an issue when this firmware was originally installed.

16 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

My apologies, I've just checked and that's not on the XR1000, sorry for the confusion!

I'm pretty confident this is just a front-end issue so nothing to worry about, but if you wanted to you could try re-installing the same firmware over the top and then factory reset, there may have been an issue when this firmware was originally installed.

no worries ahh any updates on the next FW for XR1000