Using the R2 with the Spectrum router

WhiskeyXVI

Good evening,

I've been trying to use the R2 with my Xbox Series X, however, I can only do so when bridging with my Spectrum router, alone I have no internet connection and when bridged I lose my ability to use the Xbox party chat and have a moderate it strict Nat type with no UPnP, I was wondering if I could get some guidance on how to properly connect the two, or if I'm doing something wrong.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Connect the R2 to the Spectrum router, you can leave the spectrum in router mode, then copy the WAN IP from the System Information page on the R2 and put that in the DMZ on the Spectrum router and that should resolve the problem. You will need to add your friends to the allow list as well if they're shown outside your Geo-Filter radius.

Thank you!

I've just contacted my ISP, I was told my router has no DMZ capabilities and we're attempting to set up a port forward currently.

After forwarding the ports, the Xbox's Nat type is still moderate, UPnP is unsuccessful and my router doesn't say the Xbox is connected to it, I am however online but without party chat capabilities.

10 hours ago, WhiskeyXVI said:

Thank you!

I've just contacted my ISP, I was told my router has no DMZ capabilities and we're attempting to set up a port forward currently.

After forwarding the ports, the Xbox's Nat type is still moderate, UPnP is unsuccessful and my router doesn't say the Xbox is connected to it, I am however online but without party chat capabilities.

What's the exact make and model of the modem?

Do you require PPPoE/VLAN identifiers to access the internet? If you're not sure you probably don't require this.

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

What's the exact make and model of the modem?

Do you require PPPoE/VLAN identifiers to access the internet? If you're not sure you probably don't require this.

Hey Liam, the modem I have is the PC20/Eu2251, I don't believe I do unless I've overlooked it.

2 hours ago, WhiskeyXVI said:

Hey Liam, the modem I have is the PC20/Eu2251, I don't believe I do unless I've overlooked it.

OK thank you.

Do you have Geo-filter configured? Could you just check if disabling filtering mode in Geo-filter resolves the party chat issue? You may also find this helps the NAT issue too.