Need help with bullet registration in halo 5 xr1000

I've been using this router for 2 weeks now and it's no better than my Verizon fios isp modem slash router. I bought the xr1000 to help with bullet registration cuz alot of my shots dont register especially playing against high onyx and champs and playing against south American players 

Screenshot_20210716-003624_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210716-003737_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210716-003810_Chrome.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear this, your configuration looks good although one thing I would suggest would be to reduce the size of your search radius, you'll be playing on a very wide variety of servers with this and the ping could vary quite a lot. If you're unsure how small you can get away with, use Ping Heatmap to identify your closest 3-4 servers.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Heres my ping heatmap for halo 5. There are never servers in those areas that have lowest ping. I need help. My shot dont register. I tried putting the circle in the middle of the ocean as small as possible and ping assist set to 0. Tried with auto ping host on and off no luck.i play against south Americans and they eat shots all the time with their high latency. How can I counter that?

When I set my restrictions to strict then I cant find games. Halo 5 is almost at the end of its life cycle with halo infinite coming out the end of the year so there's barely ppl on. I just want my bullets to register better than my isp router connecting to whatever server. Which right now its not

When I have my radius set to east coast US closest servers are in Virginia and I rarely find games. Average ping is 11ms. It either backs out and doesn't let me find a game or takes me to a server to south middle US where ping is about 44ms. Some servers In my server that are 11 ping are also laggy and over lap with other servers when they pop up in the same area of the circle 

• Administrators

Auto Ping is personal preference - all it does it automatically ping the host for you, if it's disabled then you would need to ping the host yourself. Try Ping Assist at 0 first, then you can move it up if you're still struggling

Also to battle lag compensation playing against south American players with higher ping what settings u recommend I use so that I can have a fair advantage against them . I dont not wanna play against them just want a fair advantage that my shots will count when shooting high ping players

I know it's not the best answer but it's honestly a case of trial and error to find out what works best for you, your location and the games you play. Unfortunately that's not something I can definitively say one thing is better than the other.

With regards to lag compensation, it's very hard to prove or disprove it's effect, though some users say they prefer to go for servers around 30-40ms ping to put them on a level playing field.