XR1000 is a big disappointment. nothing works.

There are no new updates for more than half a year. The router is slow. The devices lose the wifi. The interface is totally bugt. I have to reboot every day. I had a Fritzbox for years and never had problems. Then I wanted to buy something good. and now I have the shit here. Found a trial version here on the forum and thought it can only get better. but no now nothing works.

2021-07-14 (1).png

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Yeah it's a trial firmware so it's not been fully tested and was only provided to test whether it fixed some specific issues - it will be very buggy. I'd recommend you downgrade to the latest and factory reset for a fresh installation and to get rid of any remnants from that version and then see where you're at.

41 minutes ago, LowBoost said:

Does the R2 work? or is it the same disaster?

The R2 is different hardware so depending on your needs may or may not be the right router. 

Did you drop back to the official firmware?

Were you losing WiFi on the official firmware and if so what trouble shooting did you try? 

here’s what I would do, drop back to the official firmware, reset then set up as new, don’t use a saved profile. Then from there ask for help solving WiFi issues and any other issues. Work through each bug separately in the thread so it’s easier to solve and see if that helps. 
tip, don’t reset using the software, use the rear pinhole method only.

Respectfully, we shouldn't have to be trying workarounds for months about bugs that you've already acknowledged.

This is a high-end consumer product and it's being marketed like one, but the performance is subpar.
It also has a watered-down feature-set due to NETGEAR's partnership with BitDefender, and for a "high-end" product that is disappointing...

We've paid a good amount of money for something that we expect to work out of the box, and, at least in my case, ever since I've set it up (and after 5 or so factory resets too) devices do keep dropping connection which shouldn't ever happen on a product that is marketed has high-end.

There's been no updates to the firmware in quite some time, and we keep being told that "things are being worked on" yet no real ETA on a firmware update and we're still waiting for one to fix a product we paid almost half a grand for.

19 minutes ago, headstruck said:

Respectfully, we shouldn't have to be trying workarounds for months about bugs that you've already acknowledged.

This is a high-end consumer product and it's being marketed like one, but the performance is subpar.
It also has a watered-down feature-set due to NETGEAR's partnership with BitDefender, and for a "high-end" product that is disappointing...

We've paid a good amount of money for something that we expect to work out of the box, and, at least in my case, ever since I've set it up (and after 5 or so factory resets too) devices do keep dropping connection which shouldn't ever happen on a product that is marketed has high-end.

There's been no updates to the firmware in quite some time, and we keep being told that "things are being worked on" yet no real ETA on a firmware update and we're still waiting for one to fix a product we paid almost half a grand for.

I totally understand where you're coming from, we also really appreciate you voicing your honest opinion.

The reason we're not able to give solid ETAs for new firmware, as well as the reason it's taken so long, is due to a believed DHCP issue with some XR routers. Netgear are well aware of the issue and have a lot of data to help them troubleshoot, diagnose and fix the issue despite it's complexity. In the meantime, we're still working on firmware for the XR1000 at Netduma so we'll be ready with a stable firmware to integrate with these fixes when available.

9 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

I totally understand where you're coming from, we also really appreciate you voicing your honest opinion.

The reason we're not able to give solid ETAs for new firmware, as well as the reason it's taken so long, is due to a believed DHCP issue with some XR routers. Netgear are well aware of the issue and have a lot of data to help them troubleshoot, diagnose and fix the issue despite it's complexity. In the meantime, we're still working on firmware for the XR1000 at Netduma so we'll be ready with a stable firmware to integrate with these fixes when available.

Some more transparency on where they're at with fixing these issues would be greatly appreciated by all XR1000 owners in my opinion.
The way we see it currently is that the XR1000 was a cheap money grab, with plenty of issues almost a year after launch and barely any updates to correct them.

At the time I bought this router, Hybrid VPN was advertised as a feature on the product details of it, but when I received it, I had to go through the forum only to find out that it was removed because of NETGEAR's partnership with BitDefender - not good, nor ethical of them to do that.

I'm considering on buying an R2 from you guys - the firmware and UI is decent and far better than that of other routers. But the experience I've had with this XR1000 has been terrible so far, and the future is looking stale for it at the moment.

54 minutes ago, headstruck said:

Some more transparency on where they're at with fixing these issues would be greatly appreciated by all XR1000 owners in my opinion.
The way we see it currently is that the XR1000 was a cheap money grab, with plenty of issues almost a year after launch and barely any updates to correct them.

At the time I bought this router, Hybrid VPN was advertised as a feature on the product details of it, but when I received it, I had to go through the forum only to find out that it was removed because of NETGEAR's partnership with BitDefender - not good, nor ethical of them to do that.

I'm considering on buying an R2 from you guys - the firmware and UI is decent and far better than that of other routers. But the experience I've had with this XR1000 has been terrible so far, and the future is looking stale for it at the moment.

Thanks for the feedback nonetheless, and thanks for your interest in sticking with DumaOS, we really appreciate that.

We'll continue working hard on the NPG line-up and do our best to release firmware as frequently as possible, I do believe once DumaOS 3.0 is in full release the firmware cycle will be more fluid.