• Administrators

Okay great so copy the MAC address of that router, then enter it into the XR Internet Setup page and make the XR use that MAC address, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes then test the speed, is it higher?

Two questions: 

1. The DSL router was never implemented or used for the service in the current residence. It was used at a different house, using a different provider. The current provider doesn't even offer DSL . . . does this solution still apply?

2. If yes to the above; which mac should I clone - the HFC MAC ID, or the Gateway MGMT MAC ID?

New findings:

When I run my XR300 off of the G3100 (a LAN cable out of the G3100 to the WAN port of the XR300) - I get sub 100mbps on 2.4, and close to 300mpbs on the 5GHz channel. But I have about a 2% packet loss rate (0% packet loss when connected to the G3100). If I remove the G3100 from the picture, and plug the XR300 into the main line, the mpbs drop slowly (over a matter of minutes) from 200+ down to sub 100 regardless of the channel I'm using (with a consistent packet loss of 3%).

• Administrators

Doesn't apply then unfortunately, so you've never used a router with this connection until the XR?

My theory was the connection needs some time to 'get used' to the router, this can take a few days and during that time speeds are reduced usually if you put the MAC in of the old router it bypasses that. It might be worth calling the ISP and seeing whether they need to confirm that the router is connected

You are correct: I have not used the DSL modem in this house - this house does not have a DSL connection, all ethernet.

The main reason I want to use the XR300 is for the geo-filter. But with the packet loss, the geo-filter pros are outweighed by the lag/rubber-banding brought on by the packet loss. Second reason to use the XR300 was to avoid the cost of buying or renting the G3100.

At this point I'm leaning towards caving to Verizon and eating the cost. Even if I were able to get the 300mbps speeds on my XR300, unless the packet loss issue is resolved as well, I'm no better off.

I'm happy to continue trouble shooting, and would be stoked if we could find a solution to both problems . . . but I'm ok with it if we've exhausted all possibilities and have to accept defeat . . .

• Administrators

There has been a few people with the 300 with speed issues like this where there doesn't seem to be any settings that will affect the outcome. Did you purchase it recently? If so I'd suggest returning it and going for the XR500 instead

not sure if this is possibly the cause but I sometimes get lowered bandwidth issues if I don't pass a public ip to my XR300 from my cable modem.

never use to have the issue with dsl but was some time ago, on different firmware ver

3 hours ago, TimothyYoung said:

not sure if this is possibly the cause but I sometimes get lowered bandwidth issues if I don't pass a public ip to my XR300 from my cable modem.

never use to have the issue with dsl but was some time ago, on different firmware ver

So if you set a reserved IP for your XR300, you don't see any lowered bandwidth speeds?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 5:57 AM, Netduma Liam said:

So if you set a reserved IP for your XR300, you don't see any lowered bandwidth speeds?

My cable modem has the "router mode options"

esstenially if i use router mode my modem uses dhcp and passes a private ip to my xr300 which usually results in slow speeds "under 100mb"

when I turn off router mode it passes public ip's to anything i plug into my modem, when i do that it gets my full 250mb down and 35 up

happened with one of the updates way back when, been wondering if this router will get 3.0 >.>

5 minutes ago, TimothyYoung said:

My cable modem has the "router mode options"

esstenially if i use router mode my modem uses dhcp and passes a private ip to my xr300 which usually results in slow speeds "under 100mb"

when I turn off router mode it passes public ip's to anything i plug into my modem, when i do that it gets my full 250mb down and 35 up

happened with one of the updates way back when, been wondering if this router will get 3.0 >.>

With your modem in router mode, reserve the current IP for the XR300 and put this IP in the modem's DMZ.

Reboot the XR300 and see if speeds are back to normal.