UPNP questions

Just bought my new XR1000 and I’m loving it so far. Haven’t tweaked too many settings as while I’m still learning how everything works I’m sticking with simple for now. I noticed every time I go to advanced under UPNP, the table is blank every time. Even while my sister and I play cod on ps4 at the same time. Does that mean UPNP isn’t working at all? What should I do from here?

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for posting over here, little bit easier than on Twitter what with the character limits etc.

How are the Xbox's connected to the XR1000, via wired or wireless?

Are you seeing any issues in game with your NAT type or is it Open?

The PlayStation’s are wired directly to the XR1000 which is wired to my CM2000 cable modem. When both my sister and I play at the same time obviously one console gets the open NAT and the other gets the moderate. Is there a way to get them both to say open? And I’m still confused as to why the UPNP table is completely blank. Not sure if that’s just a visual bug or something. So that’s why I’m here asking. 

4 minutes ago, Mitchell317 said:

The PlayStation’s are wired directly to the XR1000 which is wired to my CM2000 cable modem. When both my sister and I play at the same time obviously one console gets the open NAT and the other gets the moderate. Is there a way to get them both to say open? And I’m still confused as to why the UPNP table is completely blank. Not sure if that’s just a visual bug or something. So that’s why I’m here asking. 

Thanks for letting me know.

Do you have the DMZ enabled on the XR1000? If so, this might explain why you're not seeing any entries in UPnP. Let me know if not and we can then decide how to proceed.

No I do not have the DMZ enabled I haven’t touched any of that so far. Only thing I’ve done in terms of network settings is change my ISP DNS and that’s it. All I use feature wise is QOS and geo. The IP’s and ports are all supposed to pop up on the table while I’m gaming right? Because it’s continually showed nothing ever since I got the router which was 3 days ago. 

8 minutes ago, Mitchell317 said:

No I do not have the DMZ enabled I haven’t touched any of that so far. Only thing I’ve done in terms of network settings is change my ISP DNS and that’s it. All I use feature wise is QOS and geo. The IP’s and ports are all supposed to pop up on the table while I’m gaming right? Because it’s continually showed nothing ever since I got the router which was 3 days ago. 

OK sure, I believe this is a known one that NG are working to resolve in the next firmware. In the meantime, we can work on trying to ensure both consoles can get an Open NAT when playing at the same time if you like? 

Is it consistently the same console that isn't getting an Open NAT when playing? Is this affecting matchmaking or do you still appear to be able to matchmake properly?

Matchmaking seems fine. I’m pretty sure it’s usually just whoever turns their console on first. Would setting NAT filtering to open help or no? Doesn’t really make sense that only one console gets the open NAT every time. Especially since my modem is just a modem and not a router

13 minutes ago, Mitchell317 said:

Matchmaking seems fine. I’m pretty sure it’s usually just whoever turns their console on first. Would setting NAT filtering to open help or no? Doesn’t really make sense that only one console gets the open NAT every time. Especially since my modem is just a modem and not a router

Yes please set that to Open and re-test, realistically it shouldn't matter as UPnP should allow for both consoles to have an Open NAT but we can still investigate this further.

Can’t seem to ever both have an open NAT at the same time with UPNP enabled. I’ll try back again later with NAT filtering set to open and do a reboot and then test both again and then I’ll report back here to this thread. Thank you so much for all your help! 

12 minutes ago, Mitchell317 said:

Can’t seem to ever both have an open NAT at the same time with UPNP enabled. I’ll try back again later with NAT filtering set to open and do a reboot and then test both again and then I’ll report back here to this thread. Thank you so much for all your help! 

OK great, no problem at all let us know how you get on.

Ok I’m back sorry it’s so much later. So, I set NAT filtering to open and rebooted both my modem and router. Turned both consoles on and we both have a moderate NAT neither one of us have an open NAT. Very weird. 

5 hours ago, Mitchell317 said:

Ok I’m back sorry it’s so much later. So, I set NAT filtering to open and rebooted both my modem and router. Turned both consoles on and we both have a moderate NAT neither one of us have an open NAT. Very weird. 

That is very bizarre, are there still no entries in the UPnP table after enabling this?

• Administrators

The NAT Open option needs to be fixed - it will be work properly in the next firmware, in the meantime use UPnP - it will be a visual issue but it will actually be opening ports. Mod NAT won't negatively affect the connection - it just affects who you're able to connect to really