Bufferbloat and Ping Test Underload Results

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, Kwee said:

How do you get that percentage?

would increasing transmit buffers on the realtek lan in Advqance settings help this at all? right now it's on default 512 but I can increase it all the way to 4096. Receive buffers can't go any higher then 512

I just used a percentage calculator online: image.png

I wouldn't start changing things like that unless you know what you're doing or following a guide online, changing those settings incorrectly could leave you with a bad experience - bigger isn't always better.

19 minutes ago, Kwee said:

Is this the correct way?

this is after gaming. It's showing over 2000 unprioritized now. Is this still pretty normal?

You don't need to do that rule, can just add the PC with the games console service. That's about 1.6% which is approaching the point where I would consider there to be some sort of packet loss issue. 

I'd suggest you follow this PingPlotter guide to see if you have any packet loss through the router, then again direct to the modem (you can forget about doing downloads etc) http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

16 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I can only see one of the photos, have you got the one direct to the modem? That looks pretty good actually no issues that I can see

That's strange it's showing 3 pictures on my side. I will run it for a little longer and see if the results change.

Do I need to change my PC to games console in device manager for the rule to work in QoS?

packet loss looks kind of  better in network status. it's 0.17840489384324332 now

Screenshot (41).png

Screenshot (42).png

Screenshot (44).png

Does this look any better under network status? I just played coldwar and always have some type of stutter or lag. I played 6 games with not one Issue. I think doing that games console rule smoothed it out really good. keeping my sliders at 100% seems to run smoother as well.

top picture .13 packet loss

middle .17 packet loss

bottom one is right after I restart my router and login. That's 2.4 packet loss

is that correct? and if so is that high packet loss for gaming?

Screenshot (46).png

Screenshot (48).png

Screenshot (50).png

• Administrators

Yes that looks better, glad to hear you're now having a better experience! Seems like you have a higher percentage after a reboot so I would try to reboot less if you can or wait a little while after a reboot until that reduces - I think you must just have some packet loss on the line that shows up every so often but keep an eye on it - if it gets above 2% and the router has been on awhile then that could be a problem

I think all this research and help from you guys is paying off. I've never seen results this good. I'm getting zero bufferbloat on all test besides the connection benchmark with DumaOS

Screenshot (55).png

Screenshot (57).png

Screenshot (54).png

Could it be possible most of the Unprioritized packets might be caused by the wifi and not my computer that's connected to the LAN? Besides my gaming experience being great and zero issues on bufferbloat as of now why am I still getting 0.2858559841850843 of packet loss in network status? I'm getting A+ A+ A+ on dslreports and waveform bufferbloat test. Just seems odd

1279741985_Screenshot(58).thumb.png.d3202ce6e3702a716231a2f6ecea93f7.png

9 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Where abouts are you seeing this? But yes it's likely, depending on which graph you're looking at it's likely that it's reporting on all network traffic.

network status Received unprioritized  

Will TCPOptimizer conflict with the XR1000? Using it only for my main computer connected to the LAN. It's throttling my speeds to 150-300mbps just on the LAN but the results during testing seem better with this config. When I turn it back to stock with TCPoptimizer config off I start noticing bufferbloat. Wish I could just fix this issue with dumaOS alone but it seems this method is helping for now.

8 hours ago, Kwee said:

Will TCPOptimizer conflict with the XR1000? Using it only for my main computer connected to the LAN. It's throttling my speeds to 150-300mbps just on the LAN but the results during testing seem better with this config. When I turn it back to stock with TCPoptimizer config off I start noticing bufferbloat. Wish I could just fix this issue with dumaOS alone but it seems this method is helping for now.

I don't think it would conflict but I haven't used it personally so I can't tell you for sure.

You mentioned earlier:

On 7/19/2021 at 5:40 AM, Kwee said:

I think all this research and help from you guys is paying off. I've never seen results this good. I'm getting zero bufferbloat on all test besides the connection benchmark with DumaOS

Is this not the case anymore?

On 7/28/2021 at 2:13 AM, Netduma Liam said:

I don't think it would conflict but I haven't used it personally so I can't tell you for sure.

You mentioned earlier:

Is this not the case anymore?

No you guys helped for sure.

I'm just fine tuning the network now. Just want a solid connection for everything in the house. Everything is good just tweaking around with settings and making notes on what works the best.