Any new firmware updates on xr1000???

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No nothing at the moment but I've asked the team about new versions and when we might see them. What's the issue with QoS specifically?

Ok sounds good  looking forward for  a new firware ....

i been having alot of issues with the bufferbloat on this router ran multiple test on pingplotter ,dsl report and waveform and the bufferbloat been really high 

is it cause it as a double layered firmware??

• Administrators

No that's unlikely, can you provide a screenshot of your PingPlotter results and of your QoS page please? What is the modem/router the XR is connected to? Are ALL devices connected to the XR?

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No that's unlikely, can you provide a screenshot of your PingPlotter results and of your QoS page please? What is the modem/router the XR is connected to? Are ALL devices connected to the XR?

Here are some test I ran look at the download latency and upload latency compare to the unloaded 

if you guys can copy and paste the Qos of the r2 onto the xr1000 this router will be the router of the year 

it already got good specs, WIFI , Geo filter  

Devices connected to XR100 is only my att gateway bgw210 which is already bridge to xr1000

Xr1000 bufferbloat latency.png

Qos setup.png

traffic.png

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for that, could you disable IPv6 and see if this improves at all?

just disabled ipv6 here are the results  still the same buffer bloat 

ipv6 disabled.png

ipv6 disabled bufferbloat.png

• Administrators

Can you provide details from PingPlotter? It will provide more information and we haven't tested our QoS with that tool so don't know how it reacts - for example DSLReports shows worse results with Traffic Prioritization enabled

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you provide details from PingPlotter? It will provide more information and we haven't tested our QoS with that tool so don't know how it reacts - for example DSLReports shows worse results with Traffic Prioritization enabled

Here are some results of pingplotter my average ping is a 21ms when I stressed the connection the highest was like 24.17ms so i did get a 3ms ping spike which in gaming every milliseconds counts especially call of duty or any fps or any game in general 

if you guys can make the qos that r2 got on xr1000 this  router will be the greatest router or maybe  implement SQM so maybe it could handle the buffer bloat a little bit better  

also can you guys do some testing on this website https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat  see if you guys can reduce the bufferbloat so the xr1000 can handle it better 

I tested with Traffic Prioritization off here are the results 

whenever you get a beta firmware for this fix all be glad to take a look at it and test it out and give you some feedback 

Screenshot (20).png

traffic off.png

traffic off 1.png

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Your PingPlotter results are great, certainly nothing to worry about, a couple of ms won't be perceptible so looks to be working very well. We can take a look at the site yes

Thanks appreciated if you got any betas for xr1000 that are improvements you can dm them to me all gladly test them 

On 7/4/2021 at 4:00 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Nothing yet but shouldn't be much longer until one is available.

Got any betas for devices disconnecting of the xr1000 ? my laptop/phone keep disconnecting from wifi when i turn of my laptop and turn it on it wont connect also for my phone

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Warrior said:

Got any betas for devices disconnecting of the xr1000 ? my laptop/phone keep disconnecting from wifi when i turn of my laptop and turn it on it wont connect also for my phone

Unfortunately not, is it a Windows Laptop and an iPhone by any chance?

52 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Unfortunately not, is it a Windows Laptop and an iPhone by any chance?

yeah windows laptop/iphone the only way to get them working again i have to restart the the xr1000

7 hours ago, Warrior said:

yeah windows laptop/iphone the only way to get them working again i have to restart the the xr1000

What’s your WiFi settings. Are you using smart connect?

check the 5ghz connection rate, if it’s set to 160Mhz some devices will drop as they don’t support it. 

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Warrior said:

Try disabling random/private addresses on the devices and see if they work better then:

Windows - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-use-random-hardware-addresses-ac58de34-35fc-31ff-c650-823fc48eb1bc
iOS - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT211227

21 hours ago, Newfie said:

What’s your WiFi settings. Are you using smart connect?

check the 5ghz connection rate, if it’s set to 160Mhz some devices will drop as they don’t support it. 

Disabled smart connect it seems more reliable

I don't see the 160mhz i only see transmit power set to 100%  is it on the xr1000?

17 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Try disabling random/private addresses on the devices and see if they work better then:

Windows - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-use-random-hardware-addresses-ac58de34-35fc-31ff-c650-823fc48eb1bc
iOS - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT211227

I Disable both of them and gave my laptop/iPhone  a static ip on xr1000 and hasn't disconnected ever since 

all keep you updated have you manage to contact netgear about the possible betas available??

1 hour ago, Warrior said:

Disabled smart connect it seems more reliable

I don't see the 160mhz i only see transmit power set to 100%  is it on the xr1000?

What’s the 5GHz rate set at under the WiFi settings. Most set it to max rate of 4000 something which needs to be lowered. No device will reach that so and I believe that’s the 160Mhz setting but Fraser may have to confirm that for us. 

6 hours ago, Warrior said:

I Disable both of them and gave my laptop/iPhone  a static ip on xr1000 and hasn't disconnected ever since 

all keep you updated have you manage to contact netgear about the possible betas available??

OK great, thanks for letting us know.

We don't have any betas available as yet I'm afraid, we'll be sure to post on the forum or over on the Netgear forum if there's such an option available in future though.

12 hours ago, Newfie said:

What’s the 5GHz rate set at under the WiFi settings. Most set it to max rate of 4000 something which needs to be lowered. No device will reach that so and I believe that’s the 160Mhz setting but Fraser may have to confirm that for us. 

this all i see on the xr1000 for wifi settings 981507619_wifisettings.png.cc4b89d99c3b815f122f4d519cbeb4a9.png

8 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK great, thanks for letting us know.

We don't have any betas available as yet I'm afraid, we'll be sure to post on the forum or over on the Netgear forum if there's such an option available in future though.

Ok going to join that forum to see what betas they have available for xr1000

28 minutes ago, Warrior said:

this all i see on the xr1000 for wifi settings 981507619_wifisettings.png.cc4b89d99c3b815f122f4d519cbeb4a9.png

Try the next one down which is in the 2000mbps region and see if that cures the disconnections.