Xr700 hybrid vpn and geofilter help

I seem to be having problems with my geofilter not working. I am playing Warzone on an Xbox series X console and I recently subscribed to HMA and set up my hybrid vpn in hopes of using my geofilter to play on different servers around the world. The geofilter used to work to limit my connection radius but it seems that now it isn’t even doing that. I have tried to change my location and find a match (Uk, Spain, India, South Africa) seems that it still connects me to my usual server in Los Angles. Hoping someone has some insight on settings I may be missing. Thanks

It depends on how your VPN works. Most VPN don't actually connect to different country's but spoof the location by a virtual server if you will.

In that case your traffic goes into the VPN tunnel, and exits and then connects to the game server. Since the physical location of the server is still in USA for example, you will get low latency to USA servers and the game will still connect to USA servers even though your location is set to Egypt for example.

2 minutes ago, SkylarDurden said:

For example connecting to a EU server from here in California I don’t want to run like 200 ping. 

That will still happen. If you physically connect from California to EU your ping is skyhigh as you have to cover the physical distance.

That's actually also why I despise the recent surge of VPN users. Last night I think I quit 4-5 games in a row because there was some 300ms ping lagmaster in the game skipping all over the place.

Thanks for the reply Bert. I am using HideMyAss VPN as it was default loaded into the options for hybrid vpn on the DumaOS. They claim to have servers in 100s of countries around the world and boast low ping rates for gamers on global servers. I will have to put it to the test and see what I end up with I guess. I will post some results here if I can get it to work. 

• Administrators

You should be able to do it without the VPN, if you use HMA then you will most likely increase the ping more but give it a try, they may give you better routing and therefore the ping might be slightly lower

Seems that anything over 90 ping, essentially outside the United States, will search indefinitely and have not been able to actually get a match. In some locations a message appears saying I am not connected to a host and to check my connection(message on game). I’m at a loss I guess

• Administrators

On the above screenshot you're set to Spectating Mode so it's not filtering at all. Try this:

1. Quit the game completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Flush the cloud
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter
  5. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up the game

• Administrators

Yeah you'll need to do that sequence, if those connections have been allowed through spectating mode then the connection is made and filtering mode can't block it so need to block it before the connection is active