R2 Possible reset loop?

Dalton

Installed firmware update  when router rebooted internet would drop and reconnect repeatedly. So tried reboot from interface on pc.  No longer connects to internet.  Tried factory reset leaving unplugged for hours to trie again reset modem as well still nothing tried separate cables and everything.  What to do?   Video of continuous loop of blinking lights

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you've been having this trouble.

When connected to the R2 via wired, are you able to access the interface via https://dumaos/ or 192.168.77.1 in your web browser?

If not, while connect via wired, could you please open a command prompt and enter the command ipconfig then send us a screenshot of the results?

im dealing with this exact issue. I did a 30/30/30 reset and now ethernet works. But i can not reach the interface on 192.168.77.1    now, if i reboot  the router by unpluggin it and plugging back in, then all the lights will cycle and then the boot loop starts. if i do another 30/30/30 ill have ethernet again until i try all over.  so right now, i have no wifi, the first two lights are light up and i am ethernet in and working. but can not access interface.

1 hour ago, jdmefsir said:

im dealing with this exact issue. I did a 30/30/30 reset and now ethernet works. But i can not reach the interface on 192.168.77.1    now, if i reboot  the router by unpluggin it and plugging back in, then all the lights will cycle and then the boot loop starts. if i do another 30/30/30 ill have ethernet again until i try all over.  so right now, i have no wifi, the first two lights are light up and i am ethernet in and working. but can not access interface.

Have done 30/30/30 as well and has same effect except I have no internet connection wired or not

12 minutes ago, Dalton said:

Have done 30/30/30 as well and has same effect except I have no internet connection wired or not

I solved my issue by buying a new router. I honestly should have stopped at the r1 but i didnt. and here we are

6 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

That looks much better now, what are you now seeing when you go to 192.168.77.1 in your web browser?

No access to interface   Also does not recognize network.    Also type ipconfig again and all info has changed from what was shown previously

image.jpg

image.jpg

14 minutes ago, Newfie said:

This was used on the really old routers. It’s not advisable to use it now as it can corrupt modern routers. 

Damn thats not the best.

6 minutes ago, ONEovFOUR said:

Damn thats not the best.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/30-30-30-resets-voodoo-or-real.26534/

this dates back some years but it was a time before modern flash ram where this reset method would clear the NVram. Nowadays it’s best to follow the manufacturers guides as it can be a bad idea.

On 6/22/2021 at 5:18 AM, Netduma Liam said:

@Dalton Thanks for the update, I think we're going to need to issue you with a replacement I'm afraid. Could you please send an email over to [email protected] with your original order number and link to this thread?

Got new router today.  Managed to access interface but cannot get internet access

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Dalton said:

Got new router today.  Managed to access interface but cannot get internet access

What is your modem model? Do you know whether you require PPPoE or anything specific in order to gain access to the internet?

• Administrators

What was the previous router you were using prior to the R2? If you access that router and check the internet settings it was using you can mirror them onto the R2 and you should get a connection