Traffic Prio Question.

GBDJG

Hi.

Last night i thought to set up manual traffic prio for Destiny 2 Xbox series S i used the following ports however no traffic was being detected while in game.

when i use Duma classified it detects.

when i use game console it detects.

Are these the correct ports or am i missing some thing?

Many thanks.

Capture.PNG

• Administrators

It wouldn't cause any unnecessary stress on the router, it all happens in fractions of a second but I see what you mean. Only way really would be to experiment or to capture the game traffic to find out the ports

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It wouldn't cause any unnecessary stress on the router, it all happens in fractions of a second but I see what you mean. Only way really would be to experiment or to capture the game traffic to find out the ports

aww you mean with wireshark?its to complicated for me i have try many time to use that program or any capture program guess i should just be happy your OS works so well for me and admit my reactions are not what they were lol.

thank you Fraser.

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, ONEovFOUR said:

aww you mean with wireshark?its to complicated for me i have try many time to use that program or any capture program guess i should just be happy your OS works so well for me and admit my reactions are not what they were lol.

thank you Fraser.

Yeah and it's harder doing so with a console, would have to bridge the connection through a PC or use a hub. Not to worry though, won't impact on the performance of the router whichever way you want to set it up

maybe i can help!

Set up your manual ports like your rxample

On 6/17/2021 at 4:22 PM, ONEovFOUR said:

Capture.PNG

- keep classified games disabled.

start a game wait till you get into the game then enable and disable classified games.

1 hour ago, RedBull2k said:

maybe i can help!

Set up your manual ports like your rxample

- keep classified games disabled.

start a game wait till you get into the game then enable and disable classified games.

and then i triggers the red dots? 

ok weird thing has happened twice ive applied the ports as show but each time it cuts off the internet to my laptop/xbox  that is hard wired to the R2 could this be as i applied these port to WAN default?also the windows laptop said it could not connect to dns ERROR.

• Administrators

Is that because you don't have another device to access the internet and disable the rule? Did you see any traffic showing prioritized when it happened? I've never seen this issue before, it's only applying to one port, so I can't see why its doing that. Does it happen with any other rules/if you adjust that rule or is it just that rule.

no internet on any my xbox or lap however i did seem that my kids/ladys pads were still streaming with no interruption from what i can tell.i did not show any traffic at all.i added all the port rules for Destiny 2.well here is the plan im going to add each of the port rules until i find witch courses it.

It is strange i get no traffic however i have decided to leave it for today i will do some testing over next couple of days.im hope that the factory reset may solve it.

i will keep you updated Fraser.

Many thanks.

if that happens again i will have my other laptop set up to disable the rules 👊

• Administrators
1 hour ago, ONEovFOUR said:

no internet on any my xbox or lap however i did seem that my kids/ladys pads were still streaming with no interruption from what i can tell.i did not show any traffic at all.i added all the port rules for Destiny 2.well here is the plan im going to add each of the port rules until i find witch courses it.

It is strange i get no traffic however i have decided to leave it for today i will do some testing over next couple of days.im hope that the factory reset may solve it.

i will keep you updated Fraser.

Many thanks.

if that happens again i will have my other laptop set up to disable the rules 👊

Thank you, that would be really helpful so we can try to reproduce it, keep us posted!

Ok quick update.

After a factory reset i applied the following ports to TP.

Once they were added i restarted the router then started the console and played a Destiny 2 strike and also a crucible match.

TP did not indicate any traffic at all however after the factory reset via the pin my internet stayed connected the whole time.

Hope this helps. one other thing to note is my xbox is in the DMZ not sure if that would affect TP.

Also the last time i set the port i added them to wan/default.

I did check game each time port was added.

Many thanks guys.

Capture.PNG

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

I suspect it's now not detecting traffic because the source ports are too specific, I'd suggest sticking with 1-65535.

Is there a reason you've DMZ'd the XBOX? Were you having issues with NAT type?

Ive all ways put my console in the DMZ since i started online gaming  perhaps i should remove it.

10 minutes ago, ONEovFOUR said:

Ive all ways put my console in the DMZ since i started online gaming  perhaps i should remove it.

Yeah I'd suggest trying that, I don't think it's really necessary anymore and if you're having NAT issues there's much more elegant ways to solve that.

4 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Yeah I'd suggest trying that, I don't think it's really necessary anymore and if you're having NAT issues there's much more elegant ways to solve that.

I will thank you Liam.