Router Configuration

Gabbar

Hi, 

just got my new internet connection with a static ip provided by my isp. Want to use my R2 but ISP provided me a nokia modem cum router which is compulsory to use. I want to configure my R2 through the modem provided by my isp. Just want to know which is the best way to connect my R2 with the modem provided by my isp. 

A help would be highly appreciated! 🙂

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Just connect them together, then copy the WAN IP from the R2 System Information page and set that as static/reserved on the modem and also enter it into the modem DMZ. Would recommend disabling that WiFi as well so everything connects to the router, then you're good to go!

I am confused a bit.

my current configuration as under:

my r2 is connected to my isp modem via bridge mode & I have configured r2 via static ip given by my isp (snap attached). 

I just want to know that which option is viable. Configuring static ip on the router provided by my isp or on the r2.

pls note I am not talking about dmz or assigning static ip to my console. I am talking about connecting r2 with the main router modem provided by my isp. 

Forgot to mention about the dns. My isp has its own dns. Will google dns enhance the gameplay ? & if I override the dns do I need to put the same dns in ps5 settings too?

• Administrators

DNS can slightly speed up website loading times but it is unlikely to have an affect on gaming. As the R2 is in bridge mode if you override the DNS on the R2 then all devices connected will use that DNS, no need to input it on each device

Hi Fraser,

I am getting 60-70 ms when I get connected to singapore servers.

Yes the download & upload packets are red as visible in the pic. They are constantly red, not blinking while playing.

0FFAFF7C-D19C-4781-90DC-48B729B3465B.jpeg