R2 wifi/connection/dns

1.Wifi seems to drop on the majority of my devices (haven't had an issue with my PS5 dropping yet). I would watch Youtube/Netflix/Amazon on my iPhone only to realise later that its using my mobile data instead of the WiFi.

2.Why doesn't the Netduma R2 have an option to specify  specific IPv6 DNS servers? I really don't like it defaulting to ISP DNS servers (would like to have a option to use my preferred IPv6 servers under the IPv6 tab)

3.The router locked up and refused to connect to CoD CW/Warzone servers even after deleting it from the Geo Filter. I can connect to Apex Legends just fine.

I know its not a priority but what are the odds of us getting DNSSEC and DoT (DNS over TLS) ?

Regarding your first post how is your WiFi setup ie single SSID or channels split?

As the PS5 stays connected is it just Apple device that drop the connection?

Are they dropping close to the router or when at a distance and do they rejoin or do you have to either reboot the router or go into say your iPhone and then reconnect?

• Administrators

On those devices make sure you have Private/Hardware Addresses turned off - go onto the WiFi network settings on the actual device and you should be able to do so there.

IPv6 DNS is on our roadmap so we will be implementing that as it has been requested before.

If you restarted the game did it work?

We don't have anything on our system so it's unlikely, I will add it to our list though.

1 hour ago, Newfie said:

Regarding your first post how is your WiFi setup ie single SSID or channels split?

As the PS5 stays connected is it just Apple device that drop the connection?

Are they dropping close to the router or when at a distance and do they rejoin or do you have to either reboot the router or go into say your iPhone and then reconnect?

Single SSID

Yes its the Apple Devices

I would say about 3-5m away from the router and yes they do auto rejoin after a while (I don't need to reboot the router but the phone in a rare cases I need go into the settings and rejoin)

15 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

On those devices make sure you have Private/Hardware Addresses turned off - go onto the WiFi network settings on the actual device and you should be able to do so there.

IPv6 DNS is on our roadmap so we will be implementing that as it has been requested before.

If you restarted the game did it work?

We don't have anything on our system so it's unlikely, I will add it to our list though.

I restarted the console  and restarted the router but it still wouldn't connect (used my other brand router and it connected).

• Administrators

Try disabling mirror mode and giving names to 2.4/5GHz separately then save, reboot the router from the interface then connect to them manually. Definitely disable Private addresses on the Apple devices, I think that will help a lot. Very odd, have you encountered that total blockage again since then?

• 2 weeks later...

Ive being using my R2 with a secondary PPPoE connection for about a week now never locked up again . I don't use the Wifi anymore and the only devices connected to the R2 is my PS5 and Macbook 

15 hours ago, Killerelite06 said:

Ive being using my R2 with a secondary PPPoE connection for about a week now never locked up again . I don't use the Wifi anymore and the only devices connected to the R2 is my PS5 and Macbook 

OK that's interesting, thanks for letting us know. If you wanted to, you could start gradually re-adding devices to Wi-Fi and check to see if any particular device causes issues/experiences the drops.