Warzone VPN Problems

Hey guys first post here after searching the internet for answers and came across your site

so I’m on PC and I use ExpressVPN to Egypt for warzone. As of the last few days in game it’s showing up as Holland and no longer Cairo Egypt.

does anyone know why this is and how to fix it? It has been Egypt for the past year and just this last weekend it has changed and the lobbies have changed drastically.

ive tried using other vpn providers and they work but the ping is then much higher and games are harder to find for example cyberghost.

also a side note I’ve noticed when I have the VPN on it changes my NAT from open to moderate any ideas on that?

thanks in advance 

The Egypt VPN from Express VPN is only a virtual server. There is no physical Express VPN server in Egypt. The server is actually located in the Netherlands.

That’s why you had the benefit of the game thinking you live in Egypt (probably giving you easier lobbies) while the routing actually goes to/over Netherlands and probably increasing your ping only a little bit… depends on where you actually live…

Express VPN probably changed the IP-address for this server, so in the DNS database the entries are not updated yet and showing Netherlands as the location. You probably will have to wait a few days….

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

Are you currently using a DumaOS powered router or are yet to get one?

I would imagine this probably comes down to the specific OVPN configuration file you're using.

Hi Liam thanks for the welcome!

I do not but it’s something I’ve been looking into even more so now I’ve converted to pc! 

im not really sure what that means but I’ve went through a lot of things and changed settings but no matter what it still comes up as Netherlands on warzone when I’m on the Egypt vpn

1 hour ago, Hudra101 said:

The Egypt VPN from Express VPN is only a virtual server. There is no physical Express VPN server in Egypt. The server is actually located in the Netherlands.

That’s why you had the benefit of the game thinking you live in Egypt (probably giving you easier lobbies) while the routing actually goes to/over Netherlands and probably increasing your ping only a little bit… depends on where you actually live…

Express VPN probably changed the IP-address for this server, so in the DNS database the entries are not updated yet and showing Netherlands as the location. You probably will have to wait a few days….

Ahh really?

hopefully that’s the case then rather than it being permanently set to Holland. 

Hello Harry I have got the same issue as you and after some months where I really enjoyed the game now it's back to unplayable thanks to sbmm. You tried cyberghost? how much ping did you have?

17 minutes ago, Lorenz said:

Hello Harry I have got the same issue as you and after some months where I really enjoyed the game now it's back to unplayable thanks to sbmm. You tried cyberghost? how much ping did you have?

Hi mate

yeah im the exact same have you Tried anything else?

I tried cyberghost which worked but only Sometimes. I managed to get a lot of games in the morning but then at night time it would never find a match

18 hours ago, Hudra101 said:

This has been for the past few weeks up and down. I tried reconnecting and sometimes it did show up back in Cairo.  Try reconnecting a few times and check https://whatismyipaddress.com/ to see if it shows up in Cairo. Did work for me. 

I have cyberghost and the same thing happened to me. My geolocation has changed with or without me using a VPN. RavenSoftware did something during last fridays update. They banned 30,000 hackers but they also did something to IP addresses. They might be using outdated IP data to determine the location now. I don't know of any fix and I haven't heard of any. This is on CoD's end not any of the VPNs

• 7 months later...

I downloaded Express VPN a couple days ago and haven't been able to find a lobby no matter what location I set my VPN to. I've tried Brazil, Egypt, Netherlands and more. Am I not doing something right? or is there a setting somewhere I'm missing?

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Cody.ingram said:

I downloaded Express VPN a couple days ago and haven't been able to find a lobby no matter what location I set my VPN to. I've tried Brazil, Egypt, Netherlands and more. Am I not doing something right? or is there a setting somewhere I'm missing?

Hey, welcome to the forum!

If you're trying to force servers very far away then it can take a long time, or the ping will be too high and so it won't let you in the game. However, double check that if you're using the Geo-Filter that you set the location to the location of the server you're using.

• 2 weeks later...

when ever using a vpn always delete your local save game data and profile before starting the game. VPN will trick CODs location service and  you will find a lobby faster, if you dont clear the local saved game data and profile then it will keep trying to base your connection off your actual location or where ever your last vpn connected location was. and if you have a net duma router you do not need a vpn, you can connect to any server using the net duma geo filter you just need to clear the local saved game data and profile

• 2 weeks later...

I am facing the same issue. Worked for a year long. Im on console. I use nolagvpn and set my location to south africa. Since today the geo location shows my own location (holland) how can i fix this? I tried resetting my xr500 already

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Zyphoxz said:

I am facing the same issue. Worked for a year long. Im on console. I use nolagvpn and set my location to south africa. Since today the geo location shows my own location (holland) how can i fix this? I tried resetting my xr500 already

Some other users are reporting this with this specific VPN, I don't think it's a coincidence and nothing we've done specifically. Will keep you posted if we find anything.

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Some other users are reporting this with this specific VPN, I don't think it's a coincidence and nothing we've done specifically. Will keep you posted if we find anything.

So just to test it out if its nolagvpn only, i purchased expressvpn and im facing the same issue. The geolocation remains on holland unfortunately…

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Zyphoxz said:

So just to test it out if its nolagvpn only, i purchased expressvpn and im facing the same issue. The geolocation remains on holland unfortunately…

A user has just posted what worked for them: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/38675-hybrid-vpn-for-warzone-no-longer-connecting-via-open-vpn/?do=findComment&comment=332646