Setting the speeds in the R2 (getting optimal connection)

Nelson

Hi Fraser, 

I noticed when i set my speeds it automatically caps them a little lower. Is the network speeds tab like a SQM by itself? If so do i need to put my speeds a bit higher then I am actually getting or do i need to put them a bit lower then i'm actually getting? 

I'd suggest either setting them as accurately as possible, or just use the in-built 'Detect Network Speeds' if that's easier.

What speeds do you expect to get through your ISP and and are you actually getting?

What router is this on, the R2 or the XR500?

Hi Liam, 

Thnx for responding :). It is not about me not getting my expected speeds. But if i set them accordingly to the automatic option within the Duma R2 it feels a bit off. When i manually set them a little higher then the actual speed i'm getting for download for some reason it feels a bit better. (this is without  congestion control activated)

ISP speed 300/30. On speedtest with disable Qos i'm getting around 307/31. 

I'm just curieus why it feels a bit better when i set my speeds a bit above the by R2 detected download speed and upload speed. 

cause also if i set my Upload speed in R2 to 1000 which i don't have (got 31 ish) my players feel a bit more agile in Fifa games. 

Greetings

• Administrators

What does the R2 detect your speeds as when doing the test? If it is detecting under what you're getting then you'd be losing bandwidth setting it to that hence why it feels better when you put your speeds in. As to why FIFA feels better with upload set like that doesn't make much sense as gaming barely uses any bandwidth anyway so 31 is plenty. There are some tips I've not seen before here that apparently make FIFA feel better: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/36390-fifa-strange-gameplay-issues/

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What does the R2 detect your speeds as when doing the test? If it is detecting under what you're getting then you'd be losing bandwidth setting it to that hence why it feels better when you put your speeds in. As to why FIFA feels better with upload set like that doesn't make much sense as gaming barely uses any bandwidth anyway so 31 is plenty. There are some tips I've not seen before here that apparently make FIFA feel better: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/36390-fifa-strange-gameplay-issues/

It always detects 30 as my speed on the upload side.  Could be that thats the issue but im not quite sure. I'll continue testing and ill post when i got something new. 

The new tips are mine :P. Been busy with getting normal gameplay in Fifa 21 for about 6 months now :). So if i find out something I will post it there cause it might help others.