Halo 5 Xbox Series X Help

DOGGAVELI

Hi Everyone,

I have an R2 and occasionally play Halo 5 on my Xbox Series X and seem to have trouble getting really good hit detection. QOS is around 70/70 or 80/80 although it doesn't seem to feel as smooth as it does with Pubg & Cold War.

I have the Geo Filter on Australia and I'm pinging the local server at 7ms yet the gameplay feels absolutely terrible and maybe 1 in 10 games actually feel nice.

I just wanted to post in here to see if anybody has some tips and settings tweaks that you may have used to make it feel better. My ISP plan is 100mbs down and 20mbs up. I have also attached a screenshot of the server ping and send and receive rates any help appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Dogga

Halo5.jpg

On 5/9/2021 at 2:20 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you post a screenshot of a completed Connection Benchmark result please?

@Netduma Fraser I've been experimenting with the QOS and the attached screenshot is 65% download and 55% upload I have a 100mbs down and 20mbs up.

I have tried qos from 95 right down to 10 and can never seem to get the lines matching and perfect. Not sure what else to do might be my connection I'm not sure mate.

Kind Regards,

Rob.

Ping Test.jpg

2 hours ago, DOGGAVELI said:

@Netduma Fraser I've been experimenting with the QOS and the attached screenshot is 65% download and 55% upload I have a 100mbs down and 20mbs up.

I have tried qos from 95 right down to 10 and can never seem to get the lines matching and perfect. Not sure what else to do might be my connection I'm not sure mate.

Kind Regards,

Rob.

Ping Test.jpg

What was the Speed and Ping test results? Have you also tried forcing a different server in Geo-filter, one of slightly higher ping?

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

What was the Speed and Ping test results? Have you also tried forcing a different server in Geo-filter, one of slightly higher ping?

@Netduma Liam This was the full connection bench mark test not sure what server its ping but its local as the ping is very low.

Ping Test.jpg

On 5/12/2021 at 11:45 PM, Netduma Liam said:

That's very good, you may be able to get it slightly better but it's certainly not the cause of your problem. I'd suggest experimenting with slightly higher ping servers if possible, in case the infamous Lag Compensation is the culprit of your poor games!

@Netduma Liam Mate you were on the money with that Lag Compensation.

I researched Lag Compensation and found some great info on these forums, and tweaked some settings and Halo 5 is absolutely amazing now.  Check these stats out playing on Australian servers still and achieved my best ever accuracy in Halo 5. The first two screenshots below are of my games on the new settings.

I then spoke to @brado78 and got him to try the new settings and check out his game screenshots below mine, he also got his first ever running riot and his accuracy was a lot higher than all other players in the game lobby.

IMG_7352.thumb.PNG.4ed3e0326f83226da26ff3cc5f85b8e7.PNGIMG_7355.thumb.PNG.12c84803edc77dac23c54458291b5289.PNGIMG_7356.thumb.JPG.a7c4f01833c81ef16e582106d0c5ebac.JPGIMG_7357.thumb.JPG.4c490272b30e8aa9d45667c464b141d3.JPGIMG_7358.thumb.JPG.ea92067d3c3e11543cffc1b2f057ad0e.JPG