Teams video calls interfering with my traffic prio?

On the .54 xr1000 firmware. Is this a bug? Or 

Discord is triggering it as well

Looks like it’s not just those apps, even YouTube on my phone.

my friend tested this on xr500 as well.

Something is bugged netduma!!

I have tried 1024-65535 TCPUDP

1095-65535 TCPUDP

THIS IS A BUG. Needs to get fixed. So far, xr1000 and xr500 are affected. Probably more I’m not 100% sure

3074-65545 same thing 

• Administrators

I'll get the team to test this. I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but if you do the same using another device and try to reproduce it does it occur or does it seem to be with just the PS5?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I'll get the team to test this. I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but if you do the same using another device and try to reproduce it does it occur or does it seem to be with just the PS5?

What’s the answer?

I’ll test with other devices and let you know.

once I disabled DMZthat, it stopped triggering for a little... prob not but

Disbaled WiFi, still went

disbaled everything except computer, still did it.

Tried replicating with another offline device and found it didn’t trigger.

only thing was DMZ. Once I Disabled, it stopped until I started playing again..

once I went offline I kept looking at it and sure enough, it was still triggering...

please fix this duma.... kinda irritating 

• Administrators

That kind of makes sense actually, you've put the console in the DMZ which basically passes ALL incoming traffic to that device so any devices using the internet would go through the console hence triggering the prioritization. I don't really know whether there is a way around that other than to not DMZ the console but I'll discuss it with the team

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That kind of makes sense actually, you've put the console in the DMZ which basically passes ALL incoming traffic to that device so any devices using the internet would go through the console hence triggering the prioritization. I don't really know whether there is a way around that other than to not DMZ the console but I'll discuss it with the team

I tried Manual PF 1-65535 and it still triggered.

once I disabled that, and just used UPNP. We all good now... at least in my first 5 min of looking at it. I’ll keep my eye on it!

30 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay interesting, I'll have to think on that one, keep us posted!

So far so good. I manually created a rule for the 2 ports I need... woulda been better if I could DMZ without issues but oh well... hopefully u guys can take a look into that one.

• Administrators

Thanks for all the information, with the port forward rule or DMZ and using another device that triggers TP for the PS, does that show up in Network Monitor as the original device or the PS?

17 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for all the information, with the port forward rule or DMZ and using another device that triggers TP for the PS, does that show up in Network Monitor as the original device or the PS?

Any timetable on fixing this?

• Administrators

I couldn't say, it's the weekend so as of yet the team doesn't know about it. As I said the DMZ makes sense, the port forward not so much could you let us know the above? Might give us some more insight

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I couldn't say, it's the weekend so as of yet the team doesn't know about it. As I said the DMZ makes sense, the port forward not so much could you let us know the above? Might give us some more insight

Cannot open any port besides the ones UPNP 3074 and 9308 or else it will trigger.......

On 5/9/2021 at 12:00 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

with the port forward rule or DMZ and using another device that triggers TP for the PS, does that show up in Network Monitor as the original device or the PS?

Could you let us know the results of this from Fraser?

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Could you let us know the results of this from Fraser?

Upnp is the only thing that can be on or create manual rules for the ports UPNP uses.

Everything else wont work. It has to be UDP only as well

8 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

When on a video call on your Laptop, could you check Network Monitor and see if it recognises the traffic as being from the Playstation? 

It just says the device : not the PlayStation. 

• Administrators

Okay thanks, will get the team to test but actually thinking about it the all encompassing port forwarding rule makes as much sense as the DMZ as well, essentially telling the router any traffic coming in on these ports to go to the PS. 

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay thanks, will get the team to test but actually thinking about it the all encompassing port forwarding rule makes as much sense as the DMZ as well, essentially telling the router any traffic coming in on these ports to go to the PS. 

True but I tried only opening the ps5 ports via port forward .com but it’s the same issue

On 5/12/2021 at 3:48 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks, what are the ports all the calls are using and the specific ports you've forwarded?

3074- 9308

i have tried assigning all devices to a static ip but still the same issue.

has the team been able to replicate? This is a groundbreaking bug not many realize. 

every duma tutorial recommends  forwarding ports / DMZ and we can’t even use it Bc it messes w the prio which probably  causes the inconsistencies a lot of people on the forums are seeing!!

34 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You're the only one I've seen having issues like this so far so I'm not sure if it is as widespread. Have you tested the R2? It would be good to know if it's pure DumaOS or not

The main question I have is, if I enable DMZ for my device while prioing a lot of ports, will it leak into the other devices while it’s on ? Or only when it’s off ; cus if it’s only when off, I don’t really mind it