NETDUMA R2 Wi-FI

I bought NETDUMA R2 and his wifi just picks up where he is, another $ 10 router is getting a better signal than netduma. in the netduma 5g it does not exceed 70MB being that it receives 350mb, I have already disabled QOS, all limitations and does not change, it is also passing to other devices only 70 to 80mb lan

• Administrators

We are currently working on improving the WiFi but you should be able to receive higher than that. First of all change the antennae to look like this _ | | _ so two pointing straight up, the ones on the side pointing straight outwards. 

For 5GHz change the width to 80, also use a WiFi analyzer - there is a free app on the Microsoft Store for Windows called WiFi analyzer, find what the least congested channel is for 5GHz and change to that.

Also what is the model of the modem/router the R2 is connected to? Is the WiFi enabled on that as well?

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We are currently working on improving the WiFi but you should be able to receive higher than that. First of all change the antennae to look like this _ | | _ so two pointing straight up, the ones on the side pointing straight outwards. 

For 5GHz change the width to 80, also use a WiFi analyzer - there is a free app on the Microsoft Store for Windows called WiFi analyzer, find what the least congested channel is for 5GHz and change to that.

Also what is the model of the modem/router the R2 is connected to? Is the WiFi enabled on that as well?

@Netduma Fraser Hi Fraser I decided to give the R2 Wifi another go after seeing your post but I noticed something interesting with the Wifi Analyzer.

Despite having the 80 width on the 5Ghz channel in the Wifi Analyzer its only showing up on 20 even though I have selected 80 and saved it. I also rebooted the R2 and my PC and it's still showing up as only 20mhz please see attached photos for your records.

Is there a problem with my R2 not getting 80mhz just wanted to ask just in case.

Kind Regards,

Rob. 

Wifi Analyzer.jpg

R2 Wifi.jpg

2 hours ago, DOGGAVELI said:

@Netduma Fraser Hi Fraser I decided to give the R2 Wifi another go after seeing your post but I noticed something interesting with the Wifi Analyzer.

Despite having the 80 width on the 5Ghz channel in the Wifi Analyzer its only showing up on 20 even though I have selected 80 and saved it. I also rebooted the R2 and my PC and it's still showing up as only 20mhz please see attached photos for your records.

Is there a problem with my R2 not getting 80mhz just wanted to ask just in case.

Kind Regards,

Rob. 

What firmware version are you currently on? This was restricted on .179 but I believe this is fixed now on .205.

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

What firmware version are you currently on? This was restricted on .179 but I believe this is fixed now on .205.

@Netduma Liam I'm currently on the most up to date version which is R2 3.0.205 I took the screen shots from the interface. 

When I updated I did a full factory reset and setup everything from scratch not sure what to do as its still showing the 20mhz?

Kind Regards,

Rob.

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you check whether it changes if you switch to 40 please?

Hi @Netduma Fraser I changed it to 40mhz as requested and it's still only showing up as 20mhz.

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, DOGGAVELI said:

Hi @Netduma Fraser I changed it to 40mhz as requested and it's still only showing up as 20mhz.

Thanks for letting us know, could you try 2.4GHz and see if it reflects the widths changes on that to see if it is performing as expected?

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for letting us know, could you try 2.4GHz and see if it reflects the widths changes on that to see if it is performing as expected?

Hi @Netduma Fraser I changed the 2.4ghz to 40 and its the same as the 5G just remains on 20hz.

Could this be firmware related? If not would it be possible to get a replacement R2?

Kind Regards,

Rob.

R2 2.4.png

• Administrators
11 hours ago, DOGGAVELI said:

Hi @Netduma Fraser I changed the 2.4ghz to 40 and its the same as the 5G just remains on 20hz.

Could this be firmware related? If not would it be possible to get a replacement R2?

Kind Regards,

Rob.

It would be firmware, I'll get the team to test and see whether it's applying correctly or not.