What if I put my home somewhere else

Sirqzy

I recently just discovered the Netduma platform and yesterday decided to order one I was watching videos on the router but it was only COD videos but I play fortnite I wanted to know if I set me home on the fortnite servers would it give me the ping the servers would give me if I lived right by them

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The way that Fortnite matchmaking works is that it only tries to connect to a server when it's loading into the pre-game run around lobby so that is the only time we can block it. This can result in the game taking a little while to kick you back to the lobby. So what we usually suggest is to disable Filtering Mode and go into a game, look at the Geo-Filter Map and see whether it is the server you want, if it isn't then quit and research. This will be the fastest way for you to 'force' the server you want.

4 hours ago, Sirqzy said:

I recently just discovered the Netduma platform and yesterday decided to order one I was watching videos on the router but it was only COD videos but I play fortnite I wanted to know if I set me home on the fortnite servers would it give me the ping the servers would give me if I lived right by them

No, your ping response will be for the time taken to send and receive the test packet for the selected sever. Setting your home point is only to set the centre of a circle that is used for the Geo-filter range. Ping will be unaffected if you move this point.

10 hours ago, Sirqzy said:

So what if I get 200 ping in fortnite would this decrease my ping at all?

If the closeset physical server to you is 200ms then this won't reduce your ping at all, however I find that unlikely. If you use Ping Heatmap, you'll be able to see what the lowest ping Fortnite servers are for you.