Geo Filter WZ XR1000

stimpy

So I've been using my router for a while now and finally got fed up with the long ques. I wanted to find out if there is any option I need to change in settings or on the geofilter to help me out. Basically I live on the West Coast and geofilter out of state I don't want to be playing on West Coast Servers... So anywhere in the Mid West, Mid East, or South East Coast is fine but when I geofilter those areas I usually get really long ques to get into a game or it just doesn't find me a lobby at all while playing Warzone. Is there something I can change on the router settings to help the game widen the search and make it easier to find me a game outside of my local area faster?

Also sometimes certain servers I know are active in Texas just don't even ping when the game loads why is that I have fully selected Texas to be able to connect and the game bypasses that completely and will go all the way to Florida looking for a game.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Could you provide a screenshot of the Geo-Filter page showing how you have it set up please? When you're searching for a long time is there anything that appears blocked in the same location consistently? If so please provide the ID of it so I can take a look.

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Could you provide a screenshot of the Geo-Filter page showing how you have it set up please? When you're searching for a long time is there anything that appears blocked in the same location consistently? If so please provide the ID of it so I can take a look.

https://gyazo.com/a0403fc651c32ac34262f915da7932e7

Always some variation of this. I constantly have servers that are in California that pop up as blocked my guess the game is trying to force me in them but that's the whole point of this isn't it not wanting to get into servers you deem undesirable. I don't want to completely block servers in CA when not using the Geofilter just when I am I don't understand why it constantly goes into a loop of trying to connect there and doesn't expand my search out of state.

• Administrators

Try this please:

1. Quit Warzone/Blizzard completely - including from the System tray
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Go to the Device Manager and give the PC a PlayStation device type
  4. Resync the cloud
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter and select the manual option
  6. Set up your radius how you like - keep Ping Assist on 0
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up the game

If you continue to see the CA server appear please ping it and provide the ID - it may be that it needs to be whitelisted.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Try this please:

1. Quit Warzone/Blizzard completely - including from the System tray
  3. Go to the Device Manager and give the PC a PlayStation device type
  4. Resync the cloud
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter and select the manual option
  6. Set up your radius how you like - keep Ping Assist on 0
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up the game

If you continue to see the CA server appear please ping it and provide the ID - it may be that it needs to be whitelisted.

Ok so first the router is showing my pc as an offline device I just reset it it is still showing offline. Second when you say resync the cloud do you mean flush cloud on the geo filter?

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, stimpy said:

Ok so first the router is showing my pc as an offline device I just reset it it is still showing offline. Second when you say resync the cloud do you mean flush cloud on the geo filter?

Check the IP on your PC itself and check whether it matches the device on the Device Manager that you think it is. Yes flush cloud, it's been renamed to resync in later versions

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Check the IP on your PC itself and check whether it matches the device on the Device Manager that you think it is. Yes flush cloud, it's been renamed to resync in later versions

Ok Gotcha I've resynced but I still can't seem to connect at all atm. This is what pops up when I load my game: https://gyazo.com/05d6f84f4dc63b4a08148a17feb7e021

This is the server it tries to ping and connect to that was working for me in the past: https://gyazo.com/ce68b23e53fb0a3d9c4fb9ad134e7560
https://gyazo.com/240e9b3d83e830a7a66e95773ad1640b

But for some reason now it just doesn't connect fails and then in game it just starts searching for 200 ping lobbies I am not shadow banned I connect almost instantly with the geofilter turned off.

EDIT: This Server in Cali keeps on trying to connect even tho its out of my geo filter: https://gyazo.com/f2f09590e25b22ef3131f8de2bdb1eed
https://gyazo.com/eb6cfadf9247483ec15df5c31381a75a

EDIT 2: Yea I was trying to use the geofilter and it would just take forever then connect to some local California server it didn't connect to any lobbies in any of my selected radius.

Could you try manually allowing that CA server? It may be that it's an authentication server that needs to be allowed. Once you've done this, search again and see if you get a game quicker and if it's still on one of the servers in your polygon.

8 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Could you try manually allowing that CA server? It may be that it's an authentication server that needs to be allowed. Once you've done this, search again and see if you get a game quicker and if it's still on one of the servers in your polygon.

I have tried it doesn't do anything it just waits and waits and connects to some cali server or just doesn't connect at all and go to 200 ping search that I cancel because that usually means it can't find a game and it gave up as far as my experience goes with this.

16 hours ago, stimpy said:

I have tried it doesn't do anything it just waits and waits and connects to some cali server or just doesn't connect at all and go to 200 ping search that I cancel because that usually means it can't find a game and it gave up as far as my experience goes with this.

Could you please disable filtering mode and search for a game, then watch the Geo-filter map and see which server you get connected to?

9 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Could you please disable filtering mode and search for a game, then watch the Geo-filter map and see which server you get connected to?

This seems to be working for me at the moment but I wanted it to be more limited unfortunately I don't think that works for me anymore I will test it for the day and respond if I run into any issues. https://gyazo.com/93b3a171558bd6d5afae0a2fb6a5e729

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you take a screenshot of what you see when you're searching for a game, not when booting up and with filtering disabled please?

This is what it looks like when I am trying to connect to a game and find one: https://gyazo.com/ebc2627eaa7b73a4ae7d2aa6206292b2 it always tries to connect to some Server in California sometimes it works but recently its been really bad and not letting me connect it just keeps going up in ping and tries to connect to the same Cali servers and just joins then disconnects and researches.

9 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

What was happening in game when you took that screenshot? It appears to have connected to a server successfully there.

That wasn't in game that was trying to find a lobby I had to allow the other server and then deny it to get my friend to be able to join not the California one btw. The servers in California that are popping up as blocked sometimes just let me in and it just goes to Cali server no difference in game. But I don't want to be in those lobbies...

• Administrators
1 hour ago, stimpy said:

That wasn't in game that was trying to find a lobby I had to allow the other server and then deny it to get my friend to be able to join not the California one btw. The servers in California that are popping up as blocked sometimes just let me in and it just goes to Cali server no difference in game. But I don't want to be in those lobbies...

When you're trying to force a server far away always put Ping Assist to 0, try this:

1. Quit the game and game client completely - including from the System tray
  3. Resync the cloud
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter and select the manual option
  5. Set up your radius to cover a further away server - keep Ping Assist on 0
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up the game

See if you're able to force a server that way

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

When you're trying to force a server far away always put Ping Assist to 0, try this:

1. Quit the game and game client completely - including from the System tray
  3. Resync the cloud
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter and select the manual option
  5. Set up your radius to cover a further away server - keep Ping Assist on 0
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up the game

See if you're able to force a server that way

I have tried this should I make my pc the device as a pc again or keep its as a ps4 it was working like a week ago.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Keep it as a PlayStation

Ok so question it shows my PC as offline is that normal when I got to devices like it still lets me select that device in geofilter but it shows as offline device. I'm having my friend host and me having geofilter enabled actually works better for some reason its blocking our connection to California servers.

10 hours ago, stimpy said:

Ok so question it shows my PC as offline is that normal when I got to devices like it still lets me select that device in geofilter but it shows as offline device. I'm having my friend host and me having geofilter enabled actually works better for some reason its blocking our connection to California servers.

Could you check the IP address shown in Device manager for your PC and compare it against what you see in Windows, are they the same?

3 hours ago, Antagonize said:

Stimpy im having the same issue, i heard the warzone has blocked the XR1000 somehow :(

That's not the case, DumaOS should still work absolutely fine with Warzone.

6 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Could you check the IP address shown in Device manager for your PC and compare it against what you see in Windows, are they the same?

That's not the case, DumaOS should still work absolutely fine with Warzone.

I can't see IP it says my PC is offline every other device shows it but my PC which I'm using right now with the internet says its offline lol is there some way to fix that maybe that is what's causing me issues...

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, stimpy said:

I can't see IP it says my PC is offline every other device shows it but my PC which I'm using right now with the internet says its offline lol is there some way to fix that maybe that is what's causing me issues...

Check the IP on the PC itself, then check all the online devices on the Device Manager, does the IP match any of them? If so then the device you thought was the PC isn't.

57 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Check the IP on the PC itself, then check all the online devices on the Device Manager, does the IP match any of them? If so then the device you thought was the PC isn't.

All devices showing online are wifi my PC is I'm pretty sure the same device that is listed but it shows offline I did some research apparently I am not the only one with this issue of Devices showing offline.

EDIT: Reset router showed as online Re Added the device flushed the cloud did all the steps you listed before I will let you know if I'm still having issues.