Destiny 2 geo filter not working

Here are the 4 IPs I've found so far from South Korea which manages to join my sessions and can't be blocked by Deny or via adBlocker settings:

f99259242f983d42
f9925e292f983d42
f9925f2a2f983d42
f9925a252f983d42

3 hours ago, OzQuant said:

Here are the 4 IPs I've found so far from South Korea which manages to join my sessions and can't be blocked by Deny or via adBlocker settings:

f99259242f983d42
f9925e292f983d42
f9925f2a2f983d42
f9925a252f983d42

Thanks, I've chased up the team to see if they've looked into this yet.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, destinyplayer said:

i have a question,can u black list ip players so. u cant match them anymore?

and ,after the new battleeye anticheat byngie implemented,is this now safe to do? i mean is this vpn services safe to do?

thanks

It won't work because Destiny 2 doesn't use individual IP addresses of players any longer. All player traffic goes through Steam Datagram Relays which effectively hides player IP addresses (to prevent DDoSing).

• Administrators
14 hours ago, destinyplayer said:

i have a question,can u black list ip players so. u cant match them anymore?

and ,after the new battleeye anticheat byngie implemented,is this now safe to do? i mean is this vpn services safe to do?

thanks

Even if you had access to players IP addresses and denied them as the game uses servers you still have the potential to connect to them through the server.

On 10/12/2021 at 8:38 PM, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks, I've chased up the team to see if they've looked into this yet.

Hi - has there been any progress? It's now been 3 weeks since I logged this issue here.

It looks like Valve IP addresses in South Korea are flagged as "Dedicated" (and bypasses the geo filter) whereas all the other Valve IP addresses are flagged as "Peers" (and follows the geo filter). It would be nice if the South Korean IP addresses behaved like all the other Valve IP addresses.

Also, why doesn't the "Deny" function work? These IP addresses seems to ignore the Deny rule.

And whey doesn't the AdBlock feature work? Again, these IP addresses bypass the AdBlock feature.

3 levels of filtering and these IP addresses bypass all of them.

3 hours ago, OzQuant said:

Hi - has there been any progress? It's now been 3 weeks since I logged this issue here.

It looks like Valve IP addresses in South Korea are flagged as "Dedicated" (and bypasses the geo filter) whereas all the other Valve IP addresses are flagged as "Peers" (and follows the geo filter). It would be nice if the South Korean IP addresses behaved like all the other Valve IP addresses.

Also, why doesn't the "Deny" function work? These IP addresses seems to ignore the Deny rule.

And whey doesn't the AdBlock feature work? Again, these IP addresses bypass the AdBlock feature.

3 levels of filtering and these IP addresses bypass all of them.

Yep, we pushed a cloud update for this issue yesterday. Could you please click 're-sync cloud' from the three-line menu in Geo-filter?

That should all be fixed with this update.

20 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Yep, we pushed a cloud update for this issue yesterday. Could you please click 're-sync cloud' from the three-line menu in Geo-filter?

That should all be fixed with this update.

Thank you. I followed these instructions outlined elsewhere in this thread:

1. Quit the game completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up the game

Resync was taking too long. So I waited a minute and refreshed the page (as directed in another thread in this situation).

The update did NOT block the South Korean servers. It seems to be the same as before. It is one of the servers on my Deny list and it is still connecting to me.

I was unsure of what Step 3 above meant. I use a laptop to connect to Netduma via wifi to manage it. I changed the laptop's device type to PlayStation hoping that that's what was required.

netduma south korea B.PNG

20 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

What device are you playing on? Those steps don't really apply entirely, if you're playing on a console you can ignore step three.

I'm playing on Xbox One.

I continued testing and it definitely does NOT block other players like it used to. Just had 2 players join my instance.

The South Korean servers still seem to be flagged as Dedicated, rather than Peers, like all the other Valve servers.

2 hours ago, OzQuant said:

I'm playing on Xbox One.

I continued testing and it definitely does NOT block other players like it used to. Just had 2 players join my instance.

The South Korean servers still seem to be flagged as Dedicated, rather than Peers, like all the other Valve servers.

You're not going to be able to prevent players from joining your games, that's not something we can influence anymore since they moved to SDR servers. Servers will be flagged as dedicated now as the game is no longer peer-to-peer.

19 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

You're not going to be able to prevent players from joining your games, that's not something we can influence anymore since they moved to SDR servers. Servers will be flagged as dedicated now as the game is no longer peer-to-peer.

But it was working fine, like I said. NetDuma blocks all the SDR servers except the ones in South Korea. Why are these servers treated differently to all the other SDR servers in the world?

The device was working and blocking as it should, until these new South Koreans servers popped up.

Initially NetDuma wasn't filtering SDR servers when Bungie switched over to them, but you guys did something (flagged the IPs as Peers instead of Dedicated?) and then it started to filter them fine. And it was working fine for months. Then these new servers popped up and it stopped working again. All I'm asking for is to repeat what you guys did initially with the introduction the SDR and extend that to the new SDR servers.

Second, why don't the Deny function work?

Third, why don't the AdBlock function work?

There are 3 layers of blocks and none of these block these SDR servers.

• Administrators

The server is whitelisted, that is why it cannot be blocked. In most cases this is because if you block said server then you will not be able to connect to online services to play a game. If this is the only server that appears to be whitelisted then that is highly likely a server that has to be allowed - it's like this for every game. If the IDs are different please provide them and we can double check.