Jump to content
Gaugau167

Destiny 2 geo filter not working

Recommended Posts

Nothing yet, we're still testing it and hopefully will have a cloud update next week to help filter servers - unlikely to be able to help with matching solo or against friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Cbradley79 said:

do you news yet on a update for  workarounds   pls 

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Not yet, it's not a simple issue, we'll let people know when we have more concrete information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2021 at 3:20 PM, thedeftone2 said:

Any news? I paid good money for this XR700 and I may as well bought crap off the rack!

Personally I blame the real cause which ( once again ) is the cheaters. If idiots didn't spend so much time trying to pretend they are better than they are then we wouldn't need all these anti-cheat measures.

Mind you, it doesn't help when Netduma use a headline on their Web page "Get Unfair", lol. I think they should change that to "Get Even".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2021 at 1:02 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You cannot match solo or have your friends on the other team but you can filter servers to get the best connection.

Does this mean that the GeoFilter doesn't work? I need to know so that i can return it to Netgear. In Australia, if something doesn't work as intended (for purchase) it is refundable. It would be good to know if this is a concrete response that i can take back to Netgear with.

 

Also, if the XR700 is a bag of crap, what should I get then??

 

Thanks for your response

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, thedeftone2 said:

Does this mean that the GeoFilter doesn't work? I need to know so that i can return it to Netgear. In Australia, if something doesn't work as intended (for purchase) it is refundable. It would be good to know if this is a concrete response that i can take back to Netgear with.

 

Also, if the XR700 is a bag of crap, what should I get then??

 

Thanks for your response

Geo-filter works as intended with Destiny. You can use it to ensure you're always getting connected to the closest server with the best connection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2021 at 8:43 PM, Netduma Liam said:

Geo-filter works as intended with Destiny. You can use it to ensure you're always getting connected to the closest server with the best connection.

I can't actually. I select Destiny from the options and then when playing, it doesn't show me connected to any mode. It says I am in spectator mode but I should still be able to see the servers. It has never shown servers since the day I installed it. Unless that is how it is intended? Can you show me what the screen should look like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something is amiss there then, also Spectating Mode will not Filter servers for you, it's just getting you whatever servers it wants. What platform are you playing on?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Something is amiss there then, also Spectating Mode will not Filter servers for you, it's just getting you whatever servers it wants. What platform are you playing on?

 

On Steam. The OS says that because I am playing on PC, it defaults to spectators mode. Do I follow the other instructions you emailed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes please try this:

  1. Quit the game completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes please try this:

Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu

Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option

 

Does resync mean 'Flush Cloud'?

What is the 'manual option'? I can't see anything that might mean that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, thedeftone2 said:

Does resync mean 'Flush Cloud'?

What is the 'manual option'? I can't see anything that might mean that

Yes resync is the renamed flush cloud. Sounds like you may not be on 3.0 so if you add your PC to the Geo-Filter after setting it to a PlayStation then it should add with the console service which is what we want. Then you can continue with the steps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes resync is the renamed flush cloud. Sounds like you may not be on 3.0 so if you add your PC to the Geo-Filter after setting it to a PlayStation then it should add with the console service which is what we want. Then you can continue with the steps.

 

Yep I can see the different servers popping up. How do I get 3.0?

How do I know that its working?.

Why do I have to reconfigure my PC as a PlayStation? That is disappointing even though I know it doesn't mean anything

 

Does Dumaos not support PC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, thedeftone2 said:

 

Yep I can see the different servers popping up. How do I get 3.0?

How do I know that its working?.

Why do I have to reconfigure my PC as a PlayStation? That is disappointing even though I know it doesn't mean anything

 

Does Dumaos not support PC?

The 3.0 beta for the XR700 is available here:https://www.dropbox.com/s/1yxwq75k726hkgw/XR700-V1.0.1.34_Dumaos3.0_6.img?dl=0

Once you've upgraded, be sure to factory reset the router to make sure nothing is left over from the previous firmware.

Changing your PC to Playstation is a temporary fix while we work on the Geo-filter profiles, they need an update to make sure they recognise game traffic correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been successfully using the R1 with v3.0.207 for months, for region filtering Destiny 2 on the Xbox One. I've been very happy with it.

But today, I started to get matched with players from South Korea, outside of my region filter. I put the IP address in the "Deny" section, but it continues to show up and connects me there.

The ID is f99259242f983d42. I can put the IP address here if required. Doing an IP search says that it's a Valve server, consistent with how Destiny 2 uses Steam Datagram Relays.

Please add this new server to your list, just like all the other servers. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, OzQuant said:

I've been successfully using the R1 with v3.0.207 for months, for region filtering Destiny 2 on the Xbox One. I've been very happy with it.

But today, I started to get matched with players from South Korea, outside of my region filter. I put the IP address in the "Deny" section, but it continues to show up and connects me there.

The ID is f99259242f983d42. I can put the IP address here if required. Doing an IP search says that it's a Valve server, consistent with how Destiny 2 uses Steam Datagram Relays.

Please add this new server to your list, just like all the other servers. Thank you.

Thanks for letting us know, could you post a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing in Geo-filter so we can see what's going on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks for letting us know, could you post a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing in Geo-filter so we can see what's going on?

This is what it looks like. The other SDR 'servers?' are blocked and show up as yellow triangles but the ones in South Korea shows up as white rectangles and players from there join my sessions. I have set that server as Deny but it still joins. This was not the case for months and only started happening yesterday.

I just managed to Resync Cloud (it was timing out yesterday when I tried). Will test and see if it is better.

netduma south korea.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's interesting that it still forced you onto a server. If you're looking to get into lobbies by yourself, this won't work anymore given the recent changes made by Bungie. I'd suggest setting your filter radius over your location, you can then ensure you're getting on to local servers with a decent connection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

It's interesting that it still forced you onto a server. If you're looking to get into lobbies by yourself, this won't work anymore given the recent changes made by Bungie. I'd suggest setting your filter radius over your location, you can then ensure you're getting on to local servers with a decent connection.

It was working fine for months. It only stopped working yesterday. I remember reading your (?) comments in other threads that NetDuma will need to add SDR servers from time to time. I thought that this may be the case. And putting that IP address in the Deny list still connects me to it. I'd hate to lose this functionality from my R1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2021 at 12:47 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the info, I'll get the team to take a look

Another South Korean server popped up. It was pretty much the same as the one I commented above, but the IP was different by one. I think one was .41 and the other was .42.

Adding these to the Deny list does not seem to block them.

I also enabled adBlocker and added these IP addresses to the list, but it doesn't block them either.

Is there any other way to block a particular IP address? Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...