Opinions!

Hi guys, hope your all well!

Two things... Two Questions!!

1) When on PC if you put the latency on the top of the screen why is that different to the latency in the settings section? - E.G - My Ping on the top bar says 15ms but the ping in the game settings it says 55ms. WHICH ONE IS IT! this leads onto my next question

2) I read COD has lag compensation, is my ping the one at the top but cod lag compensation putting me to the ping its saying in game settings? ........... All big streamers / pros sit at a ping of 30-35ms ping! Would there ping read 35ms in both the game and settings? Leading onto next.. is it possible to actually RAISE my ping from 15ms to 30ms to test this method? If so how would i do this, does this need to be a physical thing such as a 50m cable? or what. 

Cheers! 

How do you mean ping in the top bar? Is this the ping that Geo-filter is reading? If so, a big difference between ping shown in Geo-filter and ping shown in-game usually hints that the server you're playing on is under load. In this scenario it's worth trying to force a different server as the one you're currently playing on may be busy.

You could use ping heatmap to find servers that are around 30-40ms and then in Geo-filter, use polygon mode to draw polygons around these servers.

• Administrators

Could you give an example please for one game, you're seeing ping in 3 different places right? So e.g.

Geo-Filter Ping = 20ms
In game settings/menu = 50ms
In game overlay = 30ms

that will give us a better idea of what is happening.

How are you trying to upgrade the firmware exactly?