port forwarding

David824

I have found something happen on both my XR700 and my R2....when trying to just port forward I'm noticing when I try to port forward port 3074 it tells me it cant because its already being used. I have UPNP turn off....I turn it off and then save it and then reboot the router so it clear it out. Go back to port forwarding and try it again and its still saying it cant because its already in use. What would be making my router use port 3074 which is COD...when I dont have the game on...I actually have the ps5 turn off..not in rest mode either...like turned off. Now on my R2..it lets me put 3074 in the ports but when I sign into the any COD game is says I am moderate, I'm assuming cause its being used twice somewhere?

yes when I turn UPNP on....but I'll turn it off and save it...then reboot the router to make sure its cleared out...then when it boots back up...I go try to use just ports (only reason I like using ports over upnp is i feel like I get better hit registration....but even after all those steps...its still saying its being used....also my PS5 is powered completely off the whole time. 

• Administrators

You have IPv6 so you don't need to port forward anyway as you'll have an Open NAT. It might be due to that which is why it isn't letting you. Have you made any rules in:

1. Traffic Prioritization
  2. Port Triggering 

I do have ipv6 because I have ATT fiber ..and ATT told me they do use ipv4 and 6 both in their fiber bit I'm not having trouble getting an open nat...I just want to put it in port forwarding to see if I get better hit registration like I use too..that's all ..I havent ever messed with port triggering so I know that's not it. I do have the ps5 in console in traffic prioritization...but I believe I even turned them off...you think I is still grabbing it with it turned off?..should I delete it out just to test if that's what's grabbing it? Guess I will delete any traffic prioritization disable ipv6 on the router to see if it works then?

sure!...but its just a pop up saying its already being use and cant be used twice...It took me a little to figure out that it was 3074..I got the popup when i did the normal 1-65535 then I just PSN ports...still got it....finally I noticed if I didnt add 3074 to the ports they all took...so thats how I figured its that port.

ok so on my R2 ....I enabled oof them them and put in ports...and it took...but in cold war....I'm runng a moderate nat...if I go back to UPNP it grabs 3074 in the list and I'm open....so somewhere 3074 is being used which is why I'm getting mod nat with just ports...this is really strange. When I had the R1 I could go back and forth all the time and not have any problems...the R1 is what made me realize I got much better hit detection...it just doesnt seem to want to work for me on the xr700 and R2.

actually I made a mistake....if I run JUST ports...I get a MOD in cold war....if i run just UPNP...I get an open...if I run them I get an open....so somewhere my port forwarding isnt working right or theres something reading cod ports and my port forwarding is seeing it.

i actually just done 3074 by itself......as for that rule...did I put them in wrong?....I pulled it off of one of the threads on here......should it be 1-65335 then again 1-65335?

ok...I just looked up the normal PSN ps5 ports..and put them in for now....again.,...I'm not sure why if i pull upnp off...it reads mod...is there just no why to figure out where the 3074 port is being grabbed behind the scenes somewhere?

I'm going to send you a picture of the ports they said on sony to use for PS5....then tomorrow...I'll will turn off UPNP and reboot the router and then turn on my ps5...and see what that does...and I'll let you know. As always Fraser...I really do thank you for all the help and help trying to figure out whats going on whenever I have questions.

Sad to report....I'm still reading moderate when taking UPNP off...with doing everything we talked about....at this point I just want to know why I cant use port forwarding...I know I can "just use UPNP" but I have to be honest...I dont like having something that doesnt work, ya know.

I can certainly understand what you mean, games like CoD can use a large amount of ephemeral ports so it's hard to know which ones to port-forward and have it work reliably and consistently. This is why UPnP is so useful, it takes the guess work out and does it for you.