Xr1000 Advanced QoS?

I messaged NG while they were doing the live stream today on YT. I asked them ab future QoS algos with the xr1000. 

They actually said, it’s up to Duma team. If they can push out optional QoS algos for people to beta test then they can implement it if they wanted to!

NG are on board with duma trying things w the xr1000! 

Apply to wan was good step wether you use it or not ; it shows duma at least is trying to upgrade.

can this be done duma?

I know @Newfie is pushing for this as well!

thoughts anyone?

I think this was were we chatted what we would like to see and one thing mentioned was the ability to add a different QoS like a piece of cake, FQ CoDel etc. Via a Rapp.

I suppose it depends on the depth of the QoS in the system but it’s a nice suggestion but only Fraser or Liam could say if it was possible or could be implemented.

• Administrators

I believe it can be done as it's been suggested before and I asked then. I couldn't say when/if that would happen - I know we do have some plans for QoS in general so it could potentially integrate well at that stage but its a way off yet.

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I believe it can be done as it's been suggested before and I asked then. I couldn't say when/if that would happen - I know we do have some plans for QoS in general so it could potentially integrate well at that stage but its a way off yet.

I wish the upper devs could give more insight :( 

other companies r starting to catch on and just implement newer features for any nerds 

duma still using codel for the past decade :(

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/9/2021 at 9:39 PM, CRarsenxL said:

I wish the upper devs could give more insight :( 

other companies r starting to catch on and just implement newer features for any nerds 

duma still using codel for the past decade :(

It still works well though and many routers have very basic QoS unless you normally step up in router tech and price.
the problem is making the routers software easier enough for most to use, once you start entering a more complex setup where every detail has to be manually setup many will start to struggle. 
most of the features found in say enterprise level gear are not really needed for home users and once setup there’s little need to alter them and to see the mayhem of home users using basic SOHO gear like Ubiquiti just take a look at their forums and note there’s little support given out.

Routers have set features apart from unique features that a manufacturer uses ie Dumas geofilter. Most if not all options found in the more complex routers are the same across each manufacturer, ie IGMP, multicast and then you step up to altering WMM which some Cisco gear offers and I would be lost on that.