Slow Download (packet loss)

Hi,

I have the Nighthawk XR500. Somehow I have ab big problem with the download speed. 

When I have a Warzone update the download speed is only 250-300kb/s. Normally it is about 6 mb/s. In addtion to that i have packet loss when an other device is connected to the XR500.
The next issue that i have, is that when i'm in Discord and the same time on youtube i have big problems to understadn my mates in discord. They sound like a robots. 

I have set the qos off. 

Hope someone can help me! 
Thank you! 

• Administrators

If you're not using QoS then that will be why you are having those problems, I highly suggest you use it as devices/applications are battling for bandwidth causing lag etc and the QoS hasn't been allowed to prevent this. See if that helps resolve the problems.

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you're not using QoS then that will be why you are having those problems, I highly suggest you use it as devices/applications are battling for bandwidth causing lag etc and the QoS hasn't been allowed to prevent this. See if that helps resolve the problems.

Thank You! 

Can you check if the settings are  right? It's still not working properly.
I'm sorry, the screenshot is in german. I hope it isn't a problem. 

image.thumb.png.daa7a739411067e2b3ab44f7525a6908.png

On 4/8/2021 at 4:22 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Yeah you're not using QoS there, for Anti-Bufferbloat set the download and upload percentages to 70% and set it to Always. See if you notice an improvement then

Thank you! Now it is working without problems. I have set the download and upload to 100% because at 70% I still had some issues. 

Thank you very much! 

On 4/8/2021 at 4:22 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Yeah you're not using QoS there, for Anti-Bufferbloat set the download and upload percentages to 70% and set it to Always. See if you notice an improvement then

Somehow it's still not working properly. I have set the download and upload to 70% like you said. 

image.png

On 4/11/2021 at 1:08 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Just reset bandwidth allocation, then re-test please, sometimes this can restore the speeds even if it wasn't used.

Unfortunately it's not getting better.