Upgrad to OS 3 stuck on setting up Wifi

TEH BUTCHER

Okay so I have to call to activate the static IP service which Ill do tomorrow but the mentioned I'll need to set up my router as well which I don't understand. Shouldn't it just see a new IP associated with the connection? They gave me a reference number to call in to turn it on as well as what my static IP will be along with  Gateway, Subnet, and DNS1, and DNS2 numbers.

Thoughts?

12 hours ago, TEH BUTCHER said:

Okay so I have to call to activate the static IP service which Ill do tomorrow but the mentioned I'll need to set up my router as well which I don't understand. Shouldn't it just see a new IP associated with the connection? They gave me a reference number to call in to turn it on as well as what my static IP will be along with  Gateway, Subnet, and DNS1, and DNS2 numbers.

Thoughts?

Were they referring to a router that they provided you with or did you mention that you were using a third-party one? Did they mention what exactly you needed to setup?

9 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Were they referring to a router that they provided you with or did you mention that you were using a third-party one? Did they mention what exactly you needed to setup?

Just said if we were using a leased router they could assist with setup. Since I have my own router that it will be on me. They provided the numbers that will be used along with the static IP. I'm assuming the R1 will just resolve all that automatically when the connection is reset but that's what I'm trying to figure out.

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay great if they gave you those details then you can input them into Settings > WAN > Static and then you should be good and get an Open NAT.

So basically I'll have to say okay turn it on with their support, then when that happens I should lose internet access until I make the changes on the R1, sound correct?

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, TEH BUTCHER said:

So basically I'll have to say okay turn it on with their support, then when that happens I should lose internet access until I make the changes on the R1, sound correct?

Yes that sounds correct to me

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes that sounds correct to me

Called ISP tried to get the static turned on and it didn't work. The thing that I don't understand is the section that says mac address cloning it required a mac address before the DumaOS would let me save settings. I'm not sure I put in the correct mac address as the R1 has two on the back do I use the top or bottom and why would it be required on that screen regardless?

• Administrators

It's just a bug so that will be fixed, enter the first MAC address shown on the sticker and save it. Once you've saved it that MAC address will stay input and you don't need to input it again and can just enter the static info and save

37 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's just a bug so that will be fixed, enter the first MAC address shown on the sticker and save it. Once you've saved it that MAC address will stay input and you don't need to input it again and can just enter the static info and save

Okay was confusing the hell out of me. ISP said they set me back to DHCP for now but I'm not able to get to the internet through the R1. I have DHCP selected and use upstream DNS everything else is off.

I saved settings waited then tried power cycling the R1 still no dice.

Factory reset and I'm out to the net again...

Going to try the static setup again...

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Keep us posted, fingers crossed!

I'm about go give up man, freaking connected to the R1 now showing internet but I can't get back into the dang UI. 192.168.88.1 times out when trying to access through a browser, tried chrome and firefox, power cycled the R1, power cycled my laptop. Tried through wifi and wired and can't get into the damn UI.

I'm stumped at how I can connect to the R1 but can't access the UI.

What's weird is I can't ping the router but windows is showing I'm connected and I'm able to get out to the internet.

I'll have to mess with it another day kids are home so on the mesh now.