Hybrid VPN not working properly, help please.

I have been using the Hybrid VPN feature, everything was working fine until a few days ago. When I enter my username and password into the VPN setup advanced settings and enter the configuration, it will show connected under the information bar, but it will not actually be connected, as when I test it using pingplotter and wheres my ip location, it shows im still connected to my normal isp servers. whereas before it would show that i was connected to the vpn service.

I have also noticed that if i connect to the vpn first and then reboot the router, it will then actually really connect to the vpn properly. but if i decide to disconnect and then connect again, i have to reboot the router again which is just a hassle. 

is there a way to fix this?

Just now, Netduma Liam said:

Have you added your device in 'VPN Traffic'? Does Hybrid VPN show as being connected?

Yes i have added both the PS4 and my laptop which is where i monitor it, to the VPN traffic list.

Yes it shows as being connected under status, but one of two things happen, either i lose internet connection or it just stays connected to the normal internet even though it says connected to hybrid VPN. This never used to happen it just used to connect to the VPN normally.

Then once i reboot the router it will show as connected under Hybrid VPN status and it will actually be connected to VPN as it should be.

• Administrators

How have you added the devices? Can you provide a screenshot please?

The IP address can cache so instead of rebooting the router, instead reboot the device and see if it appears with the VPN IP after that.

45 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

How have you added the devices? Can you provide a screenshot please?

The IP address can cache so instead of rebooting the router, instead reboot the device and see if it appears with the VPN IP after that.

yes ive attached it.

i tried rebooting the devices first but that didnt work.

vpn.jpg