ISP Change

Rustyw

What exactly do you want to see?There is alot of info on that page,not a good idea to post that online...

Be more specific please and tell me how that info(mac,Ip) will help you fix my problem.

Thx

2 hours ago, Rustyw said:

What exactly do you want to see?There is alot of info on that page,not a good idea to post that online...

Be more specific please and tell me how that info(mac,Ip) will help you fix my problem.

Thx

Actually just the ports table will be fine I think!

25 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So one of the ports is limited to 100Mbits, that would be due to the ethernet cable, if you can switch that out with another that can handle 1000Mbits what speed do you get from that device then?

Not sure what I need to do.Now I turned on my ps4 and there are 2 ports with 100mbits.Can you be more specifix on what I have to do?I use CAT 6 to connect my ps4 to netduma and another cat 6(the one provided by Nrtduma) to conect the R2 to the ISP router.

Thanks

20210325_163030.jpg

• Administrators

The ethernet cable in the LAN ports if they are Cat6 may be faulty so you will need to replace them with other ethernet cables, either ones you have around or new ones for those ports to support higher speeds. It won't have an effect on the WiFi just the wired devices. Important we try this first so we can see if the router is giving out the speeds

There are only 2 ethernet cables conected: one to my ps4 and another one to my Hue lights.The rest of the devices are conected to wi fi.I just try now 2 more cables(one new,) on the ps4  and still 100mbits it shows.

Now the internet stopped completely...I think I am going to give up...only problems I have since I bought the R2 router....Could be that the router is defective?I bought mine at the end of October 2020.Can I have a replacement?

I did: I use the netduma provided cable to conect my ps4 to R2 and I use a new cat 6 cable to conect the 2 routers( the yellow one).

Same thing  as before ,it means the cables are OK.no?.See for yourself please..

20210325_174313.jpg

20210325_174255.jpg

No change,now I lost the internet connection...I restarted a million times,I did a factory reset on both routers,nothing... i think this router  its defective, since I got it I only had problems.I even change the ISP thinking that the old ISP is the problem...

Can I have replacement?

Thank you

20210325_185003.jpg

• Administrators

I've got a thought, did you have a previous router before the R2 that you used with the Helix is that right? If so copy the MAC address of that router and enter it on the R2 in WAN Settings, save then reboot from the interface and retest the speeds. Also lets try the Helix out of bridge mode and instead give the R2 a static/reserved IP and enter it into the Helix DMZ. You can see how to disable bridge mode at the bottom of this guide: https://videotron.com/en/support/helix/internet/router-bridge-mode

25 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I've got a thought, did you have a previous router before the R2 that you used with the Helix is that right? If so copy the MAC address of that router and enter it on the R2 in WAN Settings, save then reboot from the interface and retest the speeds. Also lets try the Helix out of bridge mode and instead give the R2 a static/reserved IP and enter it into the Helix DMZ. You can see how to disable bridge mode at the bottom of this guide: https://videotron.com/en/support/helix/internet/router-bridge-mode

No,I did not had a previous router prior to R2.I had a previous ISP that I changed thinking that the ISP is the problem...

After trying many things the whole day,I could not even get an internet connection no more....I disconnected the R2 and connected all my devices to the ISP router...

Once again I am asking  if I could get a replacement cause it's evident that this router that was shipped to me in October is faulty...

Thank you

10 hours ago, Rustyw said:

No,I did not had a previous router prior to R2.I had a previous ISP that I changed thinking that the ISP is the problem...

After trying many things the whole day,I could not even get an internet connection no more....I disconnected the R2 and connected all my devices to the ISP router...

Once again I am asking  if I could get a replacement cause it's evident that this router that was shipped to me in October is faulty...

Thank you

We're happy to provide a replacement, we're just trying to ensure that it's definitely a problem that can't be resolved through configuration. The last thing we want is to cause you more hassle by shipping a new router to you that has the same issues.

Have you tried taking the Helix out of bridge mode as Fraser mentions? Is that what caused you to lose connection?

26 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

We're happy to provide a replacement, we're just trying to ensure that it's definitely a problem that can't be resolved through configuration. The last thing we want is to cause you more hassle by shipping a new router to you that has the same issues.

Have you tried taking the Helix out of bridge mode as Fraser mentions? Is that what caused you to lose connection?

Yes,I spent hours on the phone with many of my ISP (old and new) technicians,they all say that the R2 is the problem.Tell me how to proceed with the replacement.

Thank you

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Yes,I spent hours on the phone with many of my ISP (old and new) technicians,they all say that the R2 is the problem.Tell me how to proceed with the replacement.

Thank you

54 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

They often do unfortunately, but I'd be happy to provide you with a replacement. Could you please send an email over to [email protected] with a link to this thread and your order number and we'll sort that out for you.

Ok,I ve send you the email.

Thanks