ISP Change

Rustyw

Hello,

Tomorrow I will change my internet provider.How will this change affect my Netduma R2 router and the Wi-Fi in my house? Please advise,what steps to follow?Do I need a factory reset?Will my Nat Type change?Do I have to change passwords?

Thanks

Rusty

• Administrators

You should be getting a new ISP modem/router I assume, it should be the same just connecting the R2 to it. Then putting the R2 WAN IP from the System Information page into that modem/router (if applicable). If you need any help once it arrives post back with the model and we can help further.

• Administrators

Just to clarify, did you enable bridge mode on the helix and you didn't have internet after that? Before putting it in bridge mode did you get a connection when the two were connected to each other?

24 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you connect to the internet/helix interface if you connect the PC direct to the helix?

Now with the help of the ISP technician on the phone I connected the netduma,but the speed is very low,only 40mbs and I suppose to get 400mbps.

On helix directly I get 400 mbps,but thru netduma only 40mbps...why?What should I do?

I have the latest firmware and I did a factory reset already.

Hi,

Now on the Connection Benchmark I get the expected speeds when I run the test(400/50 mbps),however when I run a speed test whith other multiple  applications on the same PC,I only get 40mbps regardless if I disable or not the Qos.All tests are being wireless,at same distance from the router,on the same PC.Why this is happening?

Thanks

• Administrators

We're improving upon the wireless at the moment, I would suggest you have the antennae like this _ | | _ and use a WiFi analyzer (free one on Microsoft store for Windows called WiFi Analyzer is sufficient) to find the least Congested channels and change to that. Disable Mirror mode, change the WiFi names of 2.4/5GHz, change 5GHz to 80 width then save that all, reboot from the interface and connect to 5GHz and try again.

Hello,

I used the wifi analyzer,I selected the best chanels and frequencies,however:

1)The ping varies alot now (35-120ms)in cod,regardless of the geo filter mode used(polygon or distance selection) and the ping assist.

2)The Conection Benchmark shows good speeds(400/50 mbps),but all the other internet speed applications (not Netduma)used on the same PC shows only 40/20 mbps).Why is that ,the speeds shouldn't be the same ,if I measure them on the same PC?

Thanks

• Administrators

You're playing over wireless? If so what ping do you get on a speedtest? Ping can vary with WiFi. Can you provide a screenshot of the analyzer results please?

CB tests directly from the router and so is unaffected whether you test it over WiFi or ethernet. 

4 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

What ping do you get on a speedtest? Can you also provide a screenshot of the analyser results please?

All 3 Netduma tests are A+,however when I run a speed test with a different app(ex:Ookla) from the same PC as Netduma,the results are poor.Do you want a screenshoot of the netduma results or the other?

Thanks

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, Rustyw said:

All 3 Netduma tests are A+,however when I run a speed test with a different app(ex:Ookla) from the same PC as Netduma,the results are poor.Do you want a screenshoot of the netduma results or the other?

Thanks

Both please!

7 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

What ping do you get on a speedtest? Can you also provide a screenshot of the analyser results please?

Thanks

Take a look please.

Speed measured 3 times,one after another on the same PC,on wi-fi,same distance from the router.As you can see,on BC its perfect,but on the other applications the speed its  bad.

Thanks

20210323_171616.jpg

20210323_171820.jpg

20210323_171721.jpg

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What speed do you get via ethernet? 

We are improving the WiFi at the moment so it will be lower than expected - was this over 5GHz?

Hi,

The wifi test was over 2.4,however I did the test over ethernet and I had similar results: Good results on CB(Netduma) and very low speeds when using the other applications.

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

5GHz will likely get you higher speeds so try that. What speed was it over ethernet?

These are the speeds over ethernet,ok on CB,bad on other Apps.

20210324_180949.jpg

20210324_181135.jpg

20210324_181214.jpg