Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I’ve been having high ping with my current setup. I get better ping results with without the Duma in qos. I have tested numerous settings but I can’t get it to work properly. Maybe it’s my isp not working properly with Duma OS? 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Where are you measuring the ping? What is your exact physical setup? Are any devices connected to the ISP modem/router still?

I’m measuring meter.net. my setup is moca Duma setup with my boosters hooked up to Duma. Hopefully that helps 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you have QoS setup? If the device you're performing the speed-test on is not being prioritised then it makes sense that the results will be worse with QoS on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

How do you have QoS setup? If the device you're performing the speed-test on is not being prioritised then it makes sense that the results will be worse with QoS on.

I have it set to full and 70/70. Usually it works great but lately it’s not working properly now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Swgohlegend said:

I have it set to full and 70/70. Usually it works great but lately it’s not working properly now. 

Could you send a screenshot of your connection benchmark results?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could you provide the expanded results from the meter test also please?

Are you testing meter through the devices connected to booster?

Benchmark shows the base test having some spikes but this may just be your connection to the Google servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My isp said meter.net is not a accurate website to use for speed tests. I’m using speedtest.net with low ping of 4-6ms

Maybe it’s the call of duty servers that are making me feel I need adjustments with my setting or even my setup! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possibly, it is good at making you second guess your setup. I'd suggest setting up the traditional way, forcing the lowest ping server, etc and then don't change any settings for a week and see how you get on. You might have some bad games but should be good on the whole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick Questions.... When i try using the advanced set up for QOS on test 2 it crashes and nothing happens. Any ideas why and how to fix this ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ash said:

Quick Questions.... When i try using the advanced set up for QOS on test 2 it crashes and nothing happens. Any ideas why and how to fix this ?

What version are you currently running? In what way does it crash, what are you seeing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2021 at 12:38 PM, Netduma Liam said:

What version are you currently running? In what way does it crash, what are you seeing?

version 3.0.205. what i mean by crash after test 3 it freezes and nothing happens after that.  Ive reset everything i think its working but its very inconsistent 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it doesn't give you the option to save those settings or test again after test 3?

Did you do the standard Auto Setup or did you change advanced options and then perform the test?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2021 at 3:30 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

So it doesn't give you the option to save those settings or test again after test 3?

Did you do the standard Auto Setup or did you change advanced options and then perform the test?

You are correct doesn’t let me save or go past 3.

I tried the advanced and the auto setup works

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Ash said:

You are correct doesn’t let me save or go past 3.

I tried the advanced and the auto setup works

Okay great thanks and what specific advanced options did you select when it failed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i out it at 30 30 spike at 10, idle at 5. however no matter what settings i use same thing happens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2021 at 10:59 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Just to clarify if you use the advanced options it fails but if you don't it works?

correct the advanced option fails and the normal set up doesnt work either 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...