Qos high ping

Swgohlegend

I’ve been having high ping with my current setup. I get better ping results with without the Duma in qos. I have tested numerous settings but I can’t get it to work properly. Maybe it’s my isp not working properly with Duma OS? 

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Where are you measuring the ping? What is your exact physical setup? Are any devices connected to the ISP modem/router still?

I’m measuring meter.net. my setup is moca Duma setup with my boosters hooked up to Duma. Hopefully that helps 

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

How do you have QoS setup? If the device you're performing the speed-test on is not being prioritised then it makes sense that the results will be worse with QoS on.

I have it set to full and 70/70. Usually it works great but lately it’s not working properly now. 

• Administrators

Could you provide the expanded results from the meter test also please?

Are you testing meter through the devices connected to booster?

Benchmark shows the base test having some spikes but this may just be your connection to the Google servers.

My isp said meter.net is not a accurate website to use for speed tests. I’m using speedtest.net with low ping of 4-6ms

Maybe it’s the call of duty servers that are making me feel I need adjustments with my setting or even my setup! 

• Administrators

Possibly, it is good at making you second guess your setup. I'd suggest setting up the traditional way, forcing the lowest ping server, etc and then don't change any settings for a week and see how you get on. You might have some bad games but should be good on the whole.

Quick Questions.... When i try using the advanced set up for QOS on test 2 it crashes and nothing happens. Any ideas why and how to fix this ?

12 hours ago, Ash said:

Quick Questions.... When i try using the advanced set up for QOS on test 2 it crashes and nothing happens. Any ideas why and how to fix this ?

What version are you currently running? In what way does it crash, what are you seeing?

On 3/18/2021 at 12:38 PM, Netduma Liam said:

What version are you currently running? In what way does it crash, what are you seeing?

version 3.0.205. what i mean by crash after test 3 it freezes and nothing happens after that.  Ive reset everything i think its working but its very inconsistent 

On 3/19/2021 at 3:30 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

So it doesn't give you the option to save those settings or test again after test 3?

Did you do the standard Auto Setup or did you change advanced options and then perform the test?

You are correct doesn’t let me save or go past 3.

I tried the advanced and the auto setup works

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, Ash said:

You are correct doesn’t let me save or go past 3.

I tried the advanced and the auto setup works

Okay great thanks and what specific advanced options did you select when it failed?

On 3/21/2021 at 10:59 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Just to clarify if you use the advanced options it fails but if you don't it works?

correct the advanced option fails and the normal set up doesnt work either